Post something that made you feel weird today

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 3:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I was in a busy shop and people were actually "darting" around like it was a hockey game or something. You know when you kind of crouch down and weave between people like the shop's on fire or you're in an NHL game? It was kind of like that, except everyone but me was on speed.

I think that means you're entitled to throw hip checks. :mrgreen:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 4:22 pm

Recidivist wrote:
I was making party bags for a child's party (just adding sweets , small toy etc) and I systematically put one of each variety of sweet in each bag to make it even and fair which took a while just for two sweets per bag, until someone said WTF are you doing? stop being so anal, just make sure there are roughly the same amount of sweets in each bag, dont worry about the variety. :roll:

It seems you understood how important equal fairness is to children. One child getting more of something (especially when it comes to sweets) than another child can lead to arguments and fights.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 5:28 pm

Waking up with my head feeling better, and body feeling heavier.

Quite an inertia.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 7:52 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ someone i know found their car like that (doors open, rummaged)
This person had their laptop and other valuable items in the car.
All that was taken was...a cloth, grocery shopping bag.
It is indeed weird.

Recidivist wrote:
^ Someone I know used to leave their car doors unlocked, so people didn't damage them breaking into the car. They would often get into their car in the morning and see nothing had changed except a few cigarette butts in the ashtray (they were a non-smoker).

8O Here I was thinking this was some bizarre occurrence. Now I'm wondering how often this sort of thing happens. And why it happens. Is it just someone looking for shelter? Like a homeless person in desperate need of a nap and a car is safer than out in the open? Who does these sorts of things? I've never known anyone who has gone into random cars, hung out, and left without taking anything. Hm.

I find it especially disturbing that the cigarette butts in the car was a repeat thing. That would seriously creep me out knowing that some stranger had claimed my car as theirs when they felt like using it. I guess yay that no damage was done though.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 3:29 am

It happened to me once. I was leaving for work around 7 am and my car had been rummaged in the drive. I can't remember if anything was taken but I had a lot of music CD's in the armrest and they were thrown everywhere because the person must have been looking underneath them. The glove box was emptied and my work satchel was torn.

There was a little gang of teenagers cruising the neighbourhood looking for money or valuables. If I remember correctly my car had been locked but they knew ways to open doors. In recent years there have been a lot of car thefts and the perps are usually seen on CCTV but the cars are never recovered.

Something weird: Putting two and two together about something from 1996.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 4:12 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
8O Here I was thinking this was some bizarre occurrence. Now I'm wondering how often this sort of thing happens. And why it happens. Is it just someone looking for shelter? Like a homeless person in desperate need of a nap and a car is safer than out in the open? Who does these sorts of things? I've never known anyone who has gone into random cars, hung out, and left without taking anything. Hm.

I find it especially disturbing that the cigarette butts in the car was a repeat thing. That would seriously creep me out knowing that some stranger had claimed my car as theirs when they felt like using it. I guess yay that no damage was done though.

Sorry, I f****d with my WP settings and the order of threads so missed this.

My friends was matter of fact about it , it was usually after a night of rain so he said it was kids looking for somewhere to smoke and keep dry.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 4:22 pm

My GF just told me of something that happened 20 years ago which was very serious, and I have a vague recollection of it, but apparently I spent 3 hours talking to a very sick mutual friend and talking her down from her delusions. I have no recollection of the conversation. Apparently she wanted to stab my GF, my GF managed to gain enough trust to get her in the car along with her sleeping toddler and drive them to where I was working (I was doing night security at the time). I wonder if I blocked this conversation out or the old grey matter aint what it used to be.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 4:46 pm

Hugs to GF for being so patient and helping her friend in that scary moment. ^
Do you still have contact with that person?

Weird: Not sure if dissociated or dealing.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 5:06 pm

She was actually the girlfriend of a mutual friend, so friends in the loosest of meaning. My GF was s**t scared didn't want the police involved so involved me :lol:

f**k no, she was a neighbour and we moved - neighbours again :roll:

dealing? as in processed, no need to re-examine?

dissociated? how would I know?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 5:39 pm

I"m glad you moved and you were both safe even if you don't remember it. ^

I think my mood is pretty chill today but I still don't have any EF, even though it feels like I should have EF if I'm in a better mood. That's why I don't know if I'm repressing feelings, dissociating, or actually coping better. Alexithymia is a b***h because I never know what my brain's really up to, in terms of trauma processing. I've done all the cognitive work but it leaves me wondering what's going on whenever there's a flatline reaction.

My thoughts on 30/4 the first were really helpful so it's possible I put a new spin on that, and it helped the other two dates. Something really weird did happen that (first) day and it's worth holding onto. I wish I could put that in words but maybe some other time.

Maybe I'm just high as a kite? There's summa that in the air too. :twisted:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2023, 10:32 am

I've come to the realization that I'm a grey Volkswagen Beetle in a community of psychedelic busses. Am I really that out of touch here?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2023, 5:04 pm

My child was in a Zoom meeting for work, right when I was yelling for some shampoo bottles to FO.

:oops:

Whoops.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:03 pm

I might get to see my dog that I haven't seen in a year.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:05 pm

Fairfield wrote:

Phoenix! i almost asked about him yesterday!

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:20 pm

I installed Grammarly at a friend's behest for my novel and found 592 errors :skull:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:26 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

Phoenix! i almost asked about him yesterday!

I miss him, but it feels super weird to see him after a year. I feel super guilty about not being able to take him with me when I moved.