Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

xxautisticfoolxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2023, 1:32 am

I got bullied everywhere I went. The number of the bullies I encountered in my whole life are in the hundreds. My autism is the main reason I am such a target. I never learned to make friends or fit in so people always target me.

When I was younger I thought the people who hurt me will suffer in life. I was so wrong. Now I see them living a much better life than me. As if the past trauma wasn't bad enough, I have to keep living with the knowledge that these as*holes are winning in life where I am failing. This is the worst mental torture. The reality is that all of my tormentors have moved on and found success through cheap luck and no hard work ( rich family, strong connections ). I am so mad at them and it would be great if I could witness their downfall but sadly I am not so lucky.

The longer I keep living the more new bullies I keep attracting. Bullying doesn't stop after school, it keeps happening even in adult life unless you become strong enough to scare them away. So far nothing I tried has worked. I used to try ignoring them, that was a bad idea. That didn't stop them. I tried reporting them, the authority sided with them and told me it was my own fault. I tried making verbal comebacks to their insults, that doesn't stop them either. The only thing left to do is physically fight them but that will either get me sent to hospital or prison.

At this point I can't think of myself anything other than a victim. I feel like I don't have a right to live anymore. I suffer from cptsd and I constantly have looping flashbacks of the trauma I went through. This isn't a life worth living anymore.

I feel like the only way I can stop attracting new bullies is if I can buy a private island or lock myself in my room for the rest of my life. I don't want to meet new bullies at work so I haven't applied to any jobs even 2 years after my graduation. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought about doing online remote jobs but they are so competitive that I can't get hired. I am totally lost at this point.

Emmett
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2023, 2:46 am

I really hate bullying. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something that's probably not going to be popular. The only thing that ever worked for me was unfortunately to hit back. That can be metaphorically but I have thrown a few punches in my time.

The important thing is to do it at the right time and not to strike out at the wrong person. The boxing champion in high school bullied me and I answered him in kind. He ended up breaking my nose but I think I impressed him enough to leave me alone because he couldn't stop me. I learned a lesson that day that I live by. Never attack them where they're strong.

To clarify, I'm not advocating actual violence, but if you can't match them kind for kind, find a way to fight back. Avoiding them just emboldens them. I despise a lot of Robert Greene's 48 laws of power, but 18 says don't isolate yourself and I do think that's a good law. When you're threatened seek out old and new allies.

I have two co-workers that have the most seniority at work and they're bullies. I'll call them Doug and Greg. Obviously I can't punch them. What I can do is hit them where they can't defend themselves. I out think them. If they're acting like high school drama queens, I point it out, rarely directly to them but to others that witness their bullying. As soon as the third party laughs at them, they've lost. The other thing I do is talk to my other co-workers with compassion, simply because it's the right thing to do, but Doug and Greg have poisoned the well at work, they've made everyone adversarial. Now when everyone else compare my conversations with them, the fact that I talk about helping each other as a team to be stronger, with Doug and Greg's verbal vomit I see them actually fighting against being pulled into their thinking. Now, instead of seeing Doug and Greg as the tough guys that run things, they actually are repulsed by them.

It's a LOT of effort. It sucks, but it's the only thing that's ever worked for me to stop bullying.