Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 4:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Non Progressives are either stupid morons or bamboozled sheep. Uncouth people who shop at Wallmart, and george at McDonald's. Whites are automatically privileged. If they would listen to us enlightened people and spend all-day understanding their privileges and stop watching faux news and read and watch unbiased sources like MSNBC, and CNN, and the New York Times they might be redeemed.

We believe supremacist beliefs are bad.

I'm pretty sure plenty of 'woke' people shop at Walmart and gorge on McDonald's too. That just sounds like how rich people stereotype poor people.

Beyond that, it's largely complaining that more educated people wish less educated people would seek information and weigh facts similarly to them.

While 'woke' opinions might be more popular among better educated people to a degree, it's not as though they're limited to them, they're often not even a product of them, for the most part. A lot of 'woke' opinions are informed by activists from different communities and their commentary.

Often highly educated elites only buy into them after they reach a critical mass of support in other spheres, which means like always, they're just serving as curators for what falls within the Overton window.

Wealthy and highly educated elites look down on the rest of us, they've been doing this since long before 'woke' was a relevant term outside of black communities.

I was reacting to Goldfish's description of "wokes" as idealistic and kind hearted.

There are plenty of conservatives who are not sh*****g their pants at the sight of black people and would take out their AR 15's and mow them down if they could. Those conservatives, Trump supporters included are not MAGA's which is defined today as racist Q-Anon insurrectionists. But too many conservatives enable MAGA's thus seeming to validate the MAGA stereotype. This solidifies the definition MAGA and indeed conservative. Similar deal on the other side.

Since we are an Autism site a comparison is apropos. There are people that stigmatize the word "autism" in many different ways. As a whole, we do not excuse or downplay our supremacists or downplay the challenges of Autism. That has been our response to those who say people who post on a site like this are elitists. Unlike too many progressives we did not say "too bad evil people redefined autism, it is problematic, we got to drop the term". If the good people of a movement disassociate themselves from a term the term gets defined by the opponent.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 4:43 pm

There’s, IMO, a difference between conservatives and republicans now. Conservatives hold policy beliefs about all government, low taxes etc. Whereas the republican party has redefined itself as the party of trump & maga extremists. republican politicians who are conservative leaning and want sweet F all nothing to do with the far right wing extremists should be denouncing that s**t and leaving the republican party for both the good of the country and their own souls.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 10:09 am

Roger Stone Caught On Camera Revealing How He’s Manipulated Trump For Decades

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roger-st ... 554f43b629

Quote:

...“I have a 40-year record of being able to convince the big man to do what’s in his best interest,” Stone bragged in footage from an upcoming documentary obtained by The Daily Beast. “He’s not easy to deal with. It’s complicated. He resents any implication that he is handled or managed or directed.”

The key is in lying to Trump by making the former president think he came up with the idea first.

Stone offered an example:

You have to say, ‘Remember that night we were in Buffalo and you gave that speech, and God, it had to be 10,000 people, the biggest crowd they’d ever seen. And you said XY and Z, and the place went crazy, remember that? I don’t know where you came up with that line, but it’s one of the best things.’

Trump, he said, might reply that he’ll use that line again.

“Doesn’t f*****g matter that he never said it,” Stone said. “Doesn’t matter. It’s time-consuming, but it works. I did it for 30 years.”...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 10:41 am

Honey69 wrote:
Roger Stone Caught On Camera Revealing How He’s Manipulated Trump For Decades

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roger-st ... 554f43b629

Quote:

...“I have a 40-year record of being able to convince the big man to do what’s in his best interest,” Stone bragged in footage from an upcoming documentary obtained by The Daily Beast. “He’s not easy to deal with. It’s complicated. He resents any implication that he is handled or managed or directed.”

The key is in lying to Trump by making the former president think he came up with the idea first.

Stone offered an example:

You have to say, ‘Remember that night we were in Buffalo and you gave that speech, and God, it had to be 10,000 people, the biggest crowd they’d ever seen. And you said XY and Z, and the place went crazy, remember that? I don’t know where you came up with that line, but it’s one of the best things.’

Trump, he said, might reply that he’ll use that line again.

“Doesn’t f*****g matter that he never said it,” Stone said. “Doesn’t matter. It’s time-consuming, but it works. I did it for 30 years.”...

Commentators pointed out that Most of the world already realizes all they have to do is flatter trump to manipulate him.. buuuut, if there were any shady actors out there that didn't know how easy it is - now they do.