Page 8 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 4:49 am

Watch the video I posted. Local residents (one Czech, one italian and one Irish) talking about black people like they were animals. They ask their children not to talk to black kids. They are part of a residents group that harass white neighbors who sell to black families and they form a coop whom deliberately coalesce to make black incomers feel unwelcome (don't talk to them, don't wave, don't smile). This is 1979, I remember the same type of sentiment in the late 70s in Australia where parents talked to kids (I used to hear all the time) about PoC migrants moving into our neighbourhood or school. I have a horrible feeling these "types" haven't changed.

The need for wokeness hasn't gone away

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 5:12 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Why can not the video be an attack on those creating the theory for political purposes and those that believe the theories?

Do you think the average American has a strong enough belief in the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory to feel insulted by a video debunking it?

Is the average American even watching videos debunking "Cultural Marxism"?

Probably not, but we were talking about a video debunking the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory -- and, once again, you're still ignoring the conspiracy theory and its history.

I think the theory like most conspiracy theories it has enough of a basis in fact to seem credible. The "woke" part of the left does not have the weaponry the right has so they have to gain influence via culture. As people who work in creative fields that influence culture strongly trend left, they do tend to sympathize with "woke ideology" and use their language and ideas.

Marxism and "wokeism" differ in that Marxism centers on class "wokeism" on identity. But there is enough conflation between the two to make using "Cultural Marxism" effective.

The "Cultural Marxism" theory is just a small part of the big picture. The big picture is who is the non MAGA, non woke swing voters will believe is the lesser of two evils. 62 percent feeling intimidated from speaking their minds is not helping us avoid MAGA 2.0.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 5:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
Watch the video I posted. Local residents (one Czech, one italian and one Irish) talking about black people like they were animals. They ask their children not to talk to black kids. They are part of a residents group that harass white neighbors who sell to black families and they form a coop whom deliberately coalesce to make black incomers feel unwelcome (don't talk to them, don't wave, don't smile). This is 1979, I remember the same type of sentiment in the late 70s in Australia where parents talked to kids (I used to hear all the time) about PoC migrants moving into our neighbourhood or school. I have a horrible feeling these "types" haven't changed.

The need for wokeness hasn't gone away

Read my responses to Mona, these sentiments are familiar to me. That does not mean I have to agree "Wokeness" is the right solution. Adding another form of racism to the existing racism compounds problems, not solves them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 5:45 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Read my responses to Mona, these sentiments are familiar to me. That does not mean I have to agree "Wokeness" is the right solution. Adding another form of racism to the existing racism compounds problems, not solves them.

It's a matter of opinion I guess. There's an old song called "respect yourself" made in 1971. The song literally asks these "types" to look at themselves in the mirror.

People who pretend and hide their behind semantics and coded behaviour don't release those whom they marginalise can see right through them.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 5:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

It's a matter of opinion I guess. There's an old song called "respect yourself" made in 1971. The song literally asks these "types" to look at themselves in the mirror.

People who pretend and hide their behind semantics and coded behaviour don't release those whom they marginalise can see right through them.

We completely agree, it is a matter of opinion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 5:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Amen brother!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 7:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Amen brother!

Amen

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:07 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Why can not the video be an attack on those creating the theory for political purposes and those that believe the theories?

Do you think the average American has a strong enough belief in the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory to feel insulted by a video debunking it?

Is the average American even watching videos debunking "Cultural Marxism"? Probably not. But "right-leaning" people are watching and reading plenty of progressives if not saying directly "conservatives" are dumb sheep, implying it as I feel the youtuber is doing.

The average earthican is more likely to be watching cat videos.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:10 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Is the average American even watching videos debunking "Cultural Marxism"?

Probably not, but we were talking about a video debunking the "Cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory -- and, once again, you're still ignoring the conspiracy theory and its history.

You're referring to the antisemitic history. How "Cultural Marxism" is a dog whistle for the Jews, right?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:44 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The average earthican is more likely to be watching cat videos.

The average earthician is watching cat videos + political propaganda

MKUltra mind techniques via social media/internet and television likely created the crazy QAnon conspiracies and anti-woke movement attacking anything progressive (from cinema to schools) leading to the election of trump and his continued popularity despite his criminal charges.

Americans have been primed across multiple generations to believe propaganda so they are already susceptible,

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:41 pm

The "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory is NOT just a set of observations about similarities and differences between Marxism and the various social and political movements for the rights of various marginalized groups. Nor is it merely the observation that many artists are left-leaning.

The "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory is specifically the claim that the 1960's New Left, and the various marginalized-group rights movements that it overlapped with, were launched by a small, mostly-Jewish (but including some people of other religious backgrounds too) group of professors, known as the Frankfurt School, who had fled from Nazi Germany.

The "Frankfurt School" did exist. Some of these professors returned to Germany after World War II. Others remained in the U.S.A. Some of them became influential public intellectuals, and some of them wrote books that were popular among New Left activists in the 1960's.

But their writings were far from being the sole or main source of inspiration for the New Left, and most of them were not political activists.

They certainly were not a cabal that masterminded the New Left.

The idea that they were such a cabal first appeared in one of Lyndon La Rouche's publications. From there, the "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory got picked up by neo-Nazis, who apparently liked it because it blamed a mostly-Jewish cabal for everything they didn't like.

The fact that this idea has gotten popularized, among right wingers more generally, is just another example of the growing ability of neo-Nazis and other extreme right wingers to influence the mainstream.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 28 May 2023, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:56 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory is NOT just a set of observations about similarities and differences between Marxism and the various social and political movements for the rights of various marginalized groups. Nor is it merely the observation that many artists are left-leaning.

The "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory is specifically the claim that the 1960's New Left, and the various marginalized-group rights movements that it overlapped with, were launched by a small, mostly-Jewish (but including some people of other religious backgrounds too) group of professors, known as the Frankfurt School, who had fled from Nazi Germany.

The "Frankfurt School" did exist. Some of these professors returned to Germany after World War II. Others remained in the U.S.A. Some of them became influential public intellectuals, and some of them wrote books that were popular among New Left activists in the 1960's.

But their writings were far from being the sole or main source of inspiration for the New Left, and most of them were not political activists.

They certainly were not a cabal that masterminded the New Left.

The idea that they were such a cabal first appeared in one of Lyndon La Rouche's publications. From there, the "cultural Marxism" conspiracy theory got picked up neo-Nazis, who apparently liked it because it blamed a mostly-Jewish cabal for everything they didn't like.

The fact that this idea has gotten popularized, among right wingers more generally, is just another example of the growing ability of neo-Nazis and other extreme right wingers to influence the mainstream.

Thanks for the information. This needs to be oft repeated lest we forget.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 10:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
MKUltra mind techniques via social media/internet and television likely created the crazy QAnon conspiracies and anti-woke movement attacking anything progressive (from cinema to schools) leading to the election of trump and his continued popularity despite his criminal charges.

Hmm, no need to resort to "MKUltra mind techniques" as an explanation.

The history of the origin of QAnon has been researched. See How three conspiracy theorists took 'Q' and sparked Qanon: "Pushing the theory on to bigger platforms proved to be the key to Qanon’s spread — and the originators’ financial gain," by Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins, NBC, Aug. 14, 2018.

For more about the larger Satanic panic, of which QAnon is the latest incarnation, see America's Satanic Panic Returns — This Time Through QAnon by Noah Caldwell, Ari Shapiro, Patrick Jarenwattananon, Mia Venkat, NPR, May 18, 2021. See also the separate thread QAnon, Blood Libel, and the Satanic Panic.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 11:28 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2023, 11:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

He is dead wrong, not every person who is anti-woke is a bigot. That has similarities to saying every person who is anti-conservative wants them banned from public life.