Virginia Governor not running for President ‘this year’

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2023, 8:11 am

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin says 'no' to launching a White House bid 'this year

Quote:
Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin indicated Monday that he will not be launching a presidential campaign this year, but he also did not shut the door on a 2024 White House bid.

During a Q&A session at an event in California hosted by the Milken Institute, an economic think tank, Youngkin, a Republican, responded "no" when he was asked whether he had plans to get out on the presidential campaign trail later "this year." His aides later told NBC News that his response was specifically about this year, not the 2024 presidential race.

“I haven’t written a book, and I’m not in Iowa. I’m spending time representing Virginia this year,” Youngkin said when he was pressed by the moderator, Wall Street Journal editor-at-large Gerard Baker, at Monday's event.

In response to a request for comment, a spokesperson said Youngkin he was commenting on his 2023 plans.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 9:04 pm

Youngkin appears to be more electable than Trump or DeSantis, but unless the GOP can purge itself of the far-righters literally overnight, it won't matter.

Where things currently stand, Biden has a huge advantage.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!