Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2023, 12:53 pm

Does anyone remember seeing this episode of M*A*S*H?

https://www.mash4077tv.com/2017/10/epis ... -and-amen/

I find myself coming back to it again and again in my mind.

PTSD or Survivor guilt related to my mother's death and my grandmother's?

I just feel really really sad today. Is it something to accept and feel or something to change?

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:26 am

So this episode was the last episode of MASH broadcast. The plot includes several sub-plots focusing on one or two major characters. One of these sub-plots focused on main character army surgeon Benjamin Franklin “Hawkeye” Pierce having sessions of talk therapy with recurring character psychiatrist Sydney Freedman. Hawkeye had been exhibiting strange behavior including driving a jeep through a wall at Rosie’s bar and ordering a drink. The scene kept switching back and forth between Sydney and Hawkeye talking and a dramatization of the memory Hawkeye was telling but the version of the story keeps changing little by little as Sydney teased out the truer more traumatic story from the original sanitized version Hawk starts with. So the dramatized version keeps changing too as Hawk allows himself to remember the traumatic event, at Sydney’s prompting.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2023, 6:47 am

maybe talk to a therapist about this. I do remember that episode of Mash. You might need to work on some previous trauma, it sounds like you suspect that is the case.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 11:24 am

I remember the episode of MASH. Good episode.

Dont know your situation with your mom's death. But yeah. Go with it as a thought. You might get some kind of insight.