Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:34 pm

These people always existed in the US, there were just less of them when the good guys with guns were allowed to blow them away. Neither side had much to lose except their lives... The 'law' and judges traveled, sometimes on a circuit and who was there to tell? Bad guy comes to a bad end, who cares?

With prosperity came changes in laws, and bigger police forces. People had things to lose and were less willing to take it upon themselves to rid the world of bad people. The bad people went unchecked. There's absolutely nothing to prevent them from doing whatever they want, certainly not the law. What is prison, 3 hots and a cot? The justice system is a joke. The average law abiding US citizen can expect no justice, either for themselves or from the courts if a family member is killed.

If I know these things, if I live these things, why would I willingly turn over the only justice I might ever experience in the face of violence ( a gun )?

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:55 pm

^ Ah yes, the mythical good ol' days where justice was brutal, arbitrary and anything but just.

What a glorious model to seek to imitate. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 8:23 pm

*pew pew*

Justice! 8)

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 9:04 pm

^ we'll take what we can get.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 9:07 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
^ we'll take what we can get.

Who cares if it's just someone who looked funny, we got to string someone up! Woo! Justice!

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 9:55 pm

Teen made 'kill list' for Serbia school attack

Quote:
A teenager who killed eight fellow students and a security guard in a school in Serbia planned the attack for weeks and had a "kill list", according to police.

The 13-year-old was arrested following Wednesday's attack at the Vladislav Ribnikar primary school in Belgrade.

The boy's father and mother have also been arrested.

Of those killed, seven of the victims were girls at the school, but the motive for the attack is still unclear.
Another six pupils and a teacher were injured in the shooting, four more boys and two girls.

A boy who was shot in the neck and chest is said to have suffered the worst injuries, while a girl is in critical condition with a head injury.

Officers in helmets and bulletproof vests cordoned off the area around the school, located in the central Vracar neighbourhood, shortly after 08:40 (06:40 GMT).

The suspect is alleged to have used his father's guns, both of which had legal permits. He is also said to have gone to a shooting range more than once with his father before the killings.

In a televised address to the country, President Aleksandar Vucic described the attack as "the most difficult day in the modern history of our country".

He said the suspect would be sent to a psychiatric clinic. Under current Serbian law, he cannot be held criminally responsible as he is under 14.

Mr Vucic has suggested that the age of criminal liability may be lowered to 12 in the wake of the killings.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2023, 4:51 am

This:

“The boy's father and mother have also been arrested.”

Should happen more often.

I live in the US. My husband has guns - family hunting rifle, shotgun, handgun. My kids know how to shoot responsibly. He taught them younger than I would have liked, but none of us have access to the guns. If he dies, they may just stay in the gun safe forever. His kill record is one vicious attack rooster and one rabid raccoon. His comment on US gun laws was that if it would save one kid, he’d turn in everything.

Statistically, I am most likely to die because the military vet with ptsd across the street decided to stop taking his meds. (I am 54 and have a very clean health history.)