Start making films with no experience

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 11:22 am

How do you start making films with no experience? Assume that I'm going to eventually make films for money. Where can I start? Is there anybody else here with that kind of experience? At the least, I like movies and from what I read, the field can be relatively lucrative even for the non-celebrity filmmaking actors and crew. What if I even want to help create or develop a film industry in my own city?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 11:40 am

Talk to ironpony, he probably will have the most valuable insight.

Beyond that, make a film. Make some sort of short, it doesn't even need to have a story. Work from there.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 4:49 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
How do you start making films with no experience? Assume that I'm going to eventually make films for money. Where can I start? Is there anybody else here with that kind of experience? At the least, I like movies and from what I read, the field can be relatively lucrative even for the non-celebrity filmmaking actors and crew. What if I even want to help create or develop a film industry in my own city?

A lot of Hollywood has moved to New Mexico and Atlanta. I would pick Atlanta if Dennis Quaid was right because he said he would go to Atlanta if he was a young actor in the industry today.I think the best way to cash in on the movie industry I would suggest you to do is own or work in a business that services the movie people like a bar or coffee shop or hotel or gas station. I think that would be a much safer bet than trying to be the next big movie star. Its best to look at it from the gold rush experience because most of the people who got rich were the ones selling the prospectors shovels so I would suggest you do the same except for the movie industry.