Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 2:22 pm

I’ve just read the causation medical report re my falls , and I’m angrier than I’ve been for a long time. It comes across that the paramedics did everything OK , and that my autism and mental illness were the problem…

Those are mentioned several times . Re the problem being sorted earlier it basically says that given my mental health history it would be difficult to predict whether my stay in hospital would’ve been shorter if things had been done earlier.

It ends by saying that things are made more difficult diagnosis wise due to my mental health issues.

I may have autism & mental illness, but I’m not f*****g stupid I know full well what pain is , and that they dealt with the problem inefficiently for no other reason than having a stigmatising attitude re those with autism and/or SMI

It’s because of this type of thing,and other things, that life expectancy is reduced for those with ASD and/or SMI. I’m not an isolated case. This kind of thing happens far too often. Lessons are never learnt,or at least to nowhere near the extent they should be.

My daughter has said we will argue it.She was the one who started the negligence claim, not me. She has 25 years experience working with those who have a wide range of disabilities and illnesses.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 2:50 pm

Your daughter sounds great FM, I hope you get a satisfactory outcome.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 3:02 pm

Thank you . Financial compensation would be great, but lessons learnt would trump that. This kind of thing happens far too frequently.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 3:05 pm

A nice big fat payout does sound good, but I agree - a point has to be made, and they have to listen and address it, so it's less likely to happen again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 3:13 pm

:evil:

{{{ I'm on your side, firemonkey }}}

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 3:31 pm

Thank you.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 8:46 pm

Someone had to speak out.Sorry you are the one and had to suffer because of their negligence.
Hope it comes out good for you and makes a difference for others.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 8:59 pm

Sorry, this happened to you, glad your daughter is an expert advocate for you. I have been posting about a lot of bad things happening to autistics with co-occurring mental health issues in England.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:28 pm

^ You've done an excellent job of getting across to people how things are. I'm more fortunate than many, to be fair.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2023, 11:08 pm

My current girlfriend has various mental & physical issues besides autism & docs tend to not take her seriously. It doesn't help that Cass tends to be a passive person & she doesn't have a documented childhood & teen medical history because she felt guilty for inconveniencing her parents when she needed to see a doc. Things are worse as a result of her not having medical issues addressed sooner. Docs tend to treat her like she's drug seeking when she's really wanting to better understand what's going on & figure out ways she could better manage her issues, ideally with fewer meds.

I was born with a rare low vision disorder that was not diagnosed till my senior year of high-school cuz my eye docs wouldn't take me seriously partly due to my autism. The eye docs assumed I didn't know how to read till I read something very close & then they said I was being difficult due to not wanting to wear glasses. I didn't like wearing glasses because they only helped my distance vision a little at the expense of making my close vision a bit worse. It's betrer for me to be closer to things without wearing glasses when that's an option. Also my eyes are very sensitive to having drops put in & I resisted some. Plus I find it very difficult to be cooperative with authoroty who believes I'm too ret*d to possibly understand what we're talking about & talks about me in front of me like I'm not even there :x Before my senior year my eye docs always labeled me as a difficult patient & told my parents not to bring me back. If my condition was diagnosed as a kid, I might of been able to receive better resources & supports like a private teacher who made instruction & learning individualized for me instead of being forced into mainstream classes. Thankfully docs usually take me a lot more seriously these days but I learned from experience how to assert myself better.

I really wish you & your daughter the best of luck fighting the f#cked-up healthcare system FM. I know it's not about the money for you, it's about accountability & money is what they care about.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2023, 5:33 am

^Thank you . My daughter has sent the legal team her response to what was written.