Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 10:02 pm

In what ways have you tried to change your diet?

Were you successful? For how long?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2023, 10:04 pm

I cut out a huge amount of my sugar intake because I smelled like nail polish remover. I replaced it with artificial sweeteners... I gained 30lbs.

I've tried cutting out the artificial sweeteners while not increasing my sugar intake, I've also reduced my alcohol intake. We'll see how it goes.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2023, 10:25 pm

I cut out gluten, dairy and sugar for a few months to see if they were having negative effects on me. Nothing seemed to change so I reverted to my usual diet. I learned something though: cheese tastes amazing after months of not eating it.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 3:41 pm

I cut out wheat and gluten after I tested positive for a wheat allergy-albeit at a low level. I think I feel better overall since doing this. It does make for kind of a restrictive diet, though. Also try to limit fats and sugars, but I have been doing that for quite a while (30 years or so). I have just become more serious in those areas over the past couple of years, though.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 11:34 pm

I didn't have much of a problem before I got married, except for sugar. It is rather challenging to make changes, especially if you're living with folks that aren't supportive.

I think the only thing that really works is making gradual changes and keeping as much of it out of the house as possible. If you're not doing that, it's just going to be s lot harder.