People Finding Out We're Just Like That

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 8:34 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
I still remember how during a particularly bad time mental-health-wise, I was shuffling down the street looking even more tramp-like than usual and wearing dark glasses in an effort to stop my head from screaming, when someone screamed "Poser!" at me. Really, dude, if you think that's supposed to be a fashion statement you've got problems yourself.

^What a bl00dy rude person. Yes that says more about them than you.

When I was a young woman I used to get a young man or men coming up to me in the street to say, 'you're ugly aren't you' then running back to his mates who would all be laughing. Why men think this is a good way to communicate with women, I'll never know. It always happened when I was feeling unhappy/ alone/ lost/ unconfident.

It's like some humans can spot a 'weaker' person and have to pick on them. Human predators.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 9:45 pm

KitLily wrote:
You make a good point. I think a lot of people these days/online want saviours. When I was first online, a lot of people told me I was perfect and wonderful but the minute I couldn't help them or had a bad day, I was suddenly evil and wrong.

I didn't understand it at the time but now I think it was just them wanting someone perfect who would save them. Obviously that isn't me or anyone!

Do you encounter this mainly online?

Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of people online (especially on social media) tend to see each other as one-dimensional creatures, not really relating to each other as people.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 9:04 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
KitLily wrote:
You make a good point. I think a lot of people these days/online want saviours. When I was first online, a lot of people told me I was perfect and wonderful but the minute I couldn't help them or had a bad day, I was suddenly evil and wrong.

I didn't understand it at the time but now I think it was just them wanting someone perfect who would save them. Obviously that isn't me or anyone!

Do you encounter this mainly online?

Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of people online (especially on social media) tend to see each other as one-dimensional creatures, not really relating to each other as people.

It's more online than real life. But I have noticed some people in real life think I'm perfect then when I show a human side to myself e.g. I snap because I'm tired/ stressed/ hungry, the people dump me i.e. disappear.

I think generally today people are more interested in celebrities, who seem interesting, and not 'real' people, who seem boring.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 1:09 pm

KitLily wrote:
AprilR wrote:
I don't let anyone see my weird side so idk what would happen if they do.. Probably a pitiful look and the but you can talk? You are so normal! Speech.

How do you hide it? I just can't. I am just weird for some reason and can't hide it.

I observe and imitate. It is basically my life, but not sure how much i succeed. People prob. Think i am just social.

I had to do this bc i was too scared of being found out. There is so much ignorance where i live about autism

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 9:51 am

AprilR wrote:
I observe and imitate. It is basically my life, but not sure how much i succeed. People prob. Think i am just social.

I had to do this bc i was too scared of being found out. There is so much ignorance where i live about autism

I suppose I did that when I was young so I fitted in. But as the years go by, it's too tiring to do that. It was draining my energy so I just be myself now. It helps that I work from home and rarely see anyone but my husband and daughter. It's a lonely, isolated life but at least I can be myself I guess :?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 10:24 am

KitLily wrote:
AprilR wrote:

I suppose I did that when I was young so I fitted in. But as the years go by, it's too tiring to do that. It was draining my energy so I just be myself now. It helps that I work from home and rarely see anyone but my husband and daughter. It's a lonely, isolated life but at least I can be myself I guess :?

I think if your family accepts you as you are that is enough. Maybe you can look for irl communities you can join too, or hobby groups.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 10:06 am

Thanks, I've tried all the opportunities for real life groups. I think I've exhausted them. I just need to move house for a fresh start and new horizons. Next year I hope!