Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Gopo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2023, 6:05 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to join this community and connect with others who understand the experiences of living with ASD. My name is Jeremy and I'm 30 years old, working as SENDCO in a secondary school.

I recently received a diagnosis of ASD, and I'm looking forward to gaining support, insights, and connecting with like-minded individuals. It's been a journey of self-discovery, and I'm grateful to have found this forum where I can share and learn from others who have similar experiences.

I'm particularly interested in any guidance for those married to an NT wife. I hope to engage in conversations about how to be aware and honest in an intimate relationship and gain valuable advice and support.

I'm thankful for the warm welcome and any guidance or support I receive here. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 7:47 pm

Welcome

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 9:59 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some of the insights you seek...and like it here.

On the Autism Spectrum but my bride is not. She is also not NT—she's !ADHD!. 8O

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 9:50 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 2:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 5:39 pm

Hey there!
Members here have quite a wide variety of life situations and life experiences, so there will probably be at least one or two who have understanding of any given thing, it is just a matter of crossing paths with them.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2023, 10:19 pm

Welcome Jeremy. Nice to "meet" you. As far as giving you any insight on the marriage front, that would be an exercise in futility from my end LOL

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2023, 3:52 pm

welcome, glad you are with us!
We are a (mostly) friendly and (all of us) interesting group. :)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 8:49 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Looking for advise on how to live with an NT wife. Interesting. I have been married to an NT for almost 50 years now. And it is a working combination. I just try and not drive her crazy. We are very different personalities. We both have our own strengths and weaknesses. We combine to use our unique strengths to counteract our weaknesses. And it has worked fine for me.

It is best described as a Yin Yang combination. According to the internet:
Yin and yang is a complex relational concept in Chinese culture that has developed over thousands of years. Briefly put, the meaning of yin and yang is that the universe is governed by a cosmic duality, sets of two opposing and complementing principles or cosmic energies that can be observed in nature.

The Meaning of Yin and Yang