I'm going to kiss someone before I turn 25

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2023, 5:52 pm

I've decided. That's my new goal. I think 24 is a little too ambitious since it's almost my birthday. So, 25 seems more realistic. I know it's not a big deal and all, but I just want to. So badly. I feel like I'm missing out on a life experience.

Can I do it? Well. Let's find out.

8)

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2023, 7:16 pm

Probably, although I'd point out that it's probably better to focus on finding somebody that's worth kissing because kissing somebody that isn't, is not super pleasant.

I don't personally regret having had the first kiss I had any say in be at 39. But, we all have our own set of priorities, so no judgment here.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 3:40 am

You can do it!

Then you can start kissing many frogs. To see what you like most. Then assess kissing and your body's reaction, versus reality, what is best for you.

Then realise, that relationships takes work.
Then realise, that both parties need to do work.
Then realise that neurotypical also assume people can read their minds which is untrue for everyone.
Neurotypicals also need to work on themselves.
How to spot a good person with good intentions. If you didn't have a good example at home/from caregiver. A professional like a therapist will help you.

Neurotypical, will use words like "my values" when it is really their expectations, which they really should be communicating.

Then work out what your expectations are, communicate them, decide if they can meet yours. Do you need to adjust your expectations, or increase them? Talk to a professional.
As you also decide if you can meet theirs. If not, try to find a compromise (this is the work, even if it is something new).

Did they cheat, is it something you can work through. If it is a consistent thing? Know your worth, move on. Some things are just not worth working through. No one is perfect, but you have to have, some minimum standards for yourself. If you find yourself creating boundaries within a relationship, why? Do you need to work on yourself? Or is this person really not the right person for you? It is a two way street.

We can be scared, but if we are scared and then put up boundaries, we're not moving forward. You are the only person that can bring down those walls. Some people have no walls. They should respect you and not walk all over you. So, it is a journey, depending on your upbringing, what is going to appear to be the right fit for you. After all you want to feel good about yourself. If you are nervous constantly around the person. Ask yourself why? Are things not adding up? Perhaps ask from a professional like a therapist. They want you to realise your own selfworth and walk away. So there needs to be a balance, where you need to stay, and when you need to walk.

Some people are up for anything, it is up to you to decide how much you want to grow, and in which direction you want to grow.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 5:01 am

I've already done it and I am 30

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 9:33 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I've already done it and I am 30

Yeah, you've been kissed by,
You've been charmed by,
A smooth criminal! 8)

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 2:28 pm

No it wasn't by him

I had 3 previous boyfriends that I have kissed

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 2:42 pm

I first kissed a man on the lips when I was 22, but not long before my 23rd birthday.

A guy kissed me on the cheek when I was 20, but I didn't kiss him back even though he really liked me but I didn't have feelings for him in that way.

I kissed a boy on the cheek at school when I was about 12 but that was under the mistletoe, so not sure if that really counts. :lol:

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 6:09 pm

I kissed my ex-boyfriend Robbie on the lips in a storage shed

He had me pinned to the wall and we were kissing each other passionately with our tongues (French kissing)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 6:12 pm

A boy kissed me on the cheek once.

We were best friends at school. Our friends told us that we should date so we decided hey why not? We'll give it a shot. I figured that if I was going to have my first ever crush it'd be on this guy. However, I was wrong. Even though I liked him, it didn't take long for us to realise that we didn't like each other in that way. I kept expecting that the feelings would develop eventually if I waited long enough. Then I had my first actual crush which took me by surprise. I'd been so caught up in waiting for the seemingly inevitable best friends fall in love plotline to realise that's not where the story was going.

After an identity crisis; I came out to him as gay a couple of years later. He told me that he'd been going through the same thing and that he was also gay. So we had a good laugh about it and became even closer friends. We pretended to be bitter exes in public though because it was an inside joke for us. Also, being out wasn't an option. That would've been social suicide. I knew that telling him was especially risky but I took that risk and thankfully it had a happy ending.

We drifted apart after secondary school. I moved away and we simply went down different roads. The last I saw of him on social media he had a long term relationship with his boyfriend and a promising art career. However, I haven't checked for a long time so I've no idea what his life is like now.

I hope that one day I have a real kiss.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 6:33 pm

You can practice kissing a toy or stuffed animal

It is what I do because I haven't kissed a guy in YEARS!

I forgot how to do it...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 5:25 am

Good luck in your endeavor.