Feel like no one would want to date me

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:30 pm

If they have children, are they considered Participation Awards?

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:41 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Definitely. A trophy wife is usually an attractive woman that marries for money and is more of a status symbol than anything else. It may well be a marriage in the most limited sense possible.

I'm sure that happens sometimes but isn't it also a poor reflection on the man if he wants such a spouse, or considers her a trophy? It sounds like the word "trophy" comes from the husband, not the wife herself.

I can't argue with that, it seems like and awful lot of work to impress other people and probably working yourself to an early grave.

Ultimately on the whole, people can generally run their marriages however they like, so far as it's not illegal, but this sort of thing does leave a bit of a bad taste.

Anyways, it's probably not that different from green card marriages for residency, just much harder to defend ethically

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 3:56 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
If they have children, are they considered Participation Awards?

Probably part of the deal that they have to become an heir factory and pump a few out.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 4:27 pm

I failed my way through a 25 year marriage and am 7 years into a failing a second one. I don't know that I'm the best guy to tell you what women want. But i can tell you what women do not want. What they don't want is a Sad Sack. No women wants a Sad Sack. Don't be a Sad Sack.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 4:41 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
I can't argue with that, it seems like and awful lot of work to impress other people and probably working yourself to an early grave.

Ultimately on the whole, people can generally run their marriages however they like, so far as it's not illegal, but this sort of thing does leave a bit of a bad taste.

Anyways, it's probably not that different from green card marriages for residency, just much harder to defend ethically

So what happens when the wife is the one with the good job and the money, and that's why men marry her?

Is she still called a trophy wife since, she's a good catch?

That happened to me. I wasn't exorbitantly rich or anything but I was starting a good career and had quite a bit of coin in the bank. It bought our house. He didn't find full-time work for quite a while and didn't contribute anything to the marital assets, but wanted it all when we divorced. My second partner was a lowlife scumbucket who later became homeless.