Things you wish the opposite sex knew about yours?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 11:48 pm

• An ultimatum is not an opening to a discussion for us; instead, it is the end of the relationship.

• If you think there is a fifty-fifty chance that we will correctly guess what you want from us, then there is an actual ninety-percent chance that we will guess wrong.

• If you threaten us with divorce every time you do not get your way, expect us to eventually file for divorce ourselves.

• Just because some of us might be bigger, stronger, or even smarter than you does not mean we are your servants to be ordered around to do the things you find difficult to do for yourselves.

• Our wants and needs are just as important as yours, and if you ignore them or downplay them, do not be surprised to find us expressing our needs to other women.

• Sometimes we flirt with you or pay attention to you only because it makes us feel better about ourselves, not to lure you into bed with us.

• Sooner or later, we will realize that you have been playing mind games with us; at which time, you may suddenly realize that your mind games no longer work on us.

• Subtle hints do not work, obvious hints do not work, and anything short of spelling out what you want ABC-style will not work.  Tell us what is going on and/or what you want us to do about it; but do it nicely -- you know how, we have seen you do it with your friends.

• You will never fully understand us, so just try to understand yourselves first instead.

• Your assumptions, feelings, and suspicions prove nothing; if you have doubts, ask us or hire a private investigator.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 11:52 pm

Yup.

I feel all of these ^ sentiments as well, even the one about expressing my needs to other women.

It's ironic to see how similar men and women really are.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 11:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yup.

I feel all of these ^ sentiments as well, even the one about expressing my needs to other women.

"It's ironic to see how similar men and women really are.
Il y a très peu de différence entre l'homme et la femme; mais, vive la différence!" -- Maurice Chevalier

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2023, 11:58 pm

Euh, peu importe. Nous sommes tous pareils.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 12:14 am

I can't speak about what it's like to be "other women", or what they wish men knew, but for myself -

- I think and feel just like you do
- That means I know you think and feel just like I do
- I don't spend my time thinking of flowers or dainty things
- I don't attribute any of my "differences" to my gender
- Please cut to the chase
- I wasn't conditioned by society to be anything other than myself
- I like sex as much as you do (and maybe more)
- I think about sex as much as you do (and maybe more)
- Romance shmomance - Just have integrity
- I like sports as much as you possibly don't
- Less is more in everything except love
- I don't understand my feelings any more than you do yours
- I don't want your money or your job so consider them yours
- I probably made more money than you, anyway
- No you can't have mine
- Everything is a learning curve, including cooking and cleaning
- It's the same for you ^
- I do not feel misunderstood by my gender, only by my silence
- My children will ALWAYS come first
- It should be the same for you
- I judge you by your deeds, not your words or your dick pics
- Yes, obligation is a good thing but not if it's tethered by resentment
- Music is my life, so if you don't want to hear mine please get earplugs

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 1:45 am

Actually I've thought of some.

- Rejection isn't an insult. I know this one can be difficult to accept but it's true. A woman may simply just not be attracted to you in that way. Not because you've done anything wrong. You don't need to try again. This isn't a test. You didn't fail. Please don't beg someone to date you on a trial basis. Don't swear or berate them for rejecting you.

- If a woman tells you her sexuality, it's not an argument. You can't win. It's not a contest. If a woman tells you she's gay, then accept it. Frankly even if she isn't, you have no chance anyway. Just move on. This isn't the time to say 'I don't believe you' or 'actually I think you're bisexual' or 'I don't believe that lesbians exist'.

- I'm not your sex therapist. Frankly I don't know if your girlfriend is comfortable with me knowing about your sex life together. I'm not sure what you expect me to say to this information. All I can say is if you're having problems, please just communicate with each other about it. If you're not having problems, great! That doesn't mean I want to know what you did to each other on Saturday night. What are you expecting me to say? 'That's awesome?' If you really want to talk about it, bring your girlfriend and discuss it together. That way at least I know she's comfortable with it.

- Love isn't transactional. Sure it's a give and take compromise but please don't call it a market. You're not buying a car. Also, what do you mean women aren't attractive after 30? Are you blind?

- I have also never understood this trend I have seen online where men have shamed their girlfriends or wives for how their body looks after pregnancy. You're telling me that after all that, you're going to look down on her? Because she gained some weight after having your child? Seriously? Grow up. Did you really expect her body to stay the same after growing another human in there? It's not disgusting or shameful, it's a part of human life.

- I can enjoy traditionally feminine activities and be attracted to women. This isn't a gotcha moment. The fact that sometimes I like to wear a dress doesn't mean I like men now.

(Of course these are all general statements.They don't apply to all men, but to those they do apply to, well, I'd like you to know these things).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 2:20 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
- I have also never understood this trend I have seen online where men have shamed their girlfriends and wives for how their body looks after pregnancy. You're telling me that after all that, you're going to look down on her? Because she gained some weight after having your child? Seriously? Grow up. Did you really expect her body to stay the same after growing another human in there? It's not disgusting or shameful, it's a part of human life.

[response_mode=mansplaining]

For some men, it seems that when they see that the sweet, svelte, giggly, and girlish women they once lusted after have essentially become strange creatures who remind them of their own bitter, out-of-shape, crude, and "mature" mothers, something seems to shut off in their brains and they are no longer physically attracted to their children's mothers on sight.  Instead of admitting that the attraction they felt was purely physical, they try to project all of the blame on their children's mothers for being physically unattractive (i.e., weight gain, stretch marks, loss of abdominal and vaginal muscle tone, et cetera).

Personally, I have found that childbirth does wondrous things to a woman's pelvic development, both visually and intimately.

[/response_mode]

:twisted:

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 7:55 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
- Rejection isn't an insult. I know this one can be difficult to accept but it's true. A woman may simply just not be attracted to you in that way. Not because you've done anything wrong. You don't need to try again. This isn't a test. You didn't fail. Please don't beg someone to date you on a trial basis. Don't swear or berate them for rejecting you.

There seems to be a cultural meme nowadays that men should always take rejection hard, and that normal men should take "I like you but not like that" as the ultimate insult. This feels like a step backwards in gender relations that's happened in the last couple of decades. I'm not notable for my emotional stability, but I've managed to stay close friends with one woman who turned me down flat and another who broke up with me after three weeks.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 3:24 pm

Things i wish men know about women: feminine and masculine traits exist in every human regardless of gender. Also not every woman is born with nurturing personalities or motherly instincts.

Actually i wish women knew this too.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 6:07 am

I want a certain girl of the opposite sex to know that males don't want it "all the time"

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2023, 8:01 am

Ironically the mere presumption of well established gender identity politics is sexist. It sets society back hundreds of years to do that.

I don’t start from the presumption of divided genders because I am not sexist. That is something from past generations and apparently the current one.

You all start from that sexist presumption and then proceed to “How can we come together?” to feel some virtue validation from somewhere (perhaps AI overlords).