Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 3:07 pm

Clothing. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 3:18 pm

80% urban-hipster / 20% Roadie

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:01 pm

Just some plain t-shirts of varying sizes... Preferably either something light weighted or is a size bigger for me.

If not that... Just anything but strapless.
I'm fine with sleeveless yet I'm not fine with shoulder-less. I don't like garters or tight collars...

Paired with almost anything but skirts. Preferably something long, a bit loose and thin with pockets.
I don't like anything that higher than high waist. No low waists for me.

It won't matter the color or design or materials.
If I have any choice, I'd want mine without as any design or references attached to it possible.
Something soft or smooth to touch, not very heavy or too thick.

My footwear's sizes a trouble -- requires a wider proportion.
I'd likely end up with sandals with velcro or some snug slip ons.
Something soft but sturdy like a rubber that hopefully won't break or is not too hard like wood.

Preferably designs or colors that don't stand out too much.

There are no styles for me. In fact, I almost never chose these clothing. Only picked out what I could and would wear.

Not as long as people in this house likes to rife around my stuff.
Or giving/buying clothes to me, when no one listens whenever I kept telling them for years that I don't want any.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

You have a really cool style.

Thank you. 8)

I used to hate my wardrobe. However, one day I heard the advice of starting by taking inspiration from a bunch of characters you like, then adjusting it to taste and price range. Which is basically what I did. I used to really like mermaids and vampires (odd combination I know...although not too odd if you consider old myths) and I think it shows.

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
My style involves jeans, knee length shorts (or slightly above), band tees or a t-shirt with a cute logo (I just bought a bright purple tee with a unicorn, rainbow and castle on it), feminine blouses (such as peasant blouses), flowy dresses, bright colored or pastel colored sneakers, tons of jewelry. I also have quite the purse collection.

I do like pastel colours.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2021, 7:32 pm

I have a stringent preference for soft clothing, predominantly in the form of long staple cottons (from "generic" pima to luxurious extra-long staple supima or sea island cottons); cotton-silk blends, cotton-cashmeres (and a tri-combination blend of the three) and pure silks and cashmere (and a combination of both). I refrain from wearing low-grade and shoddy synthetic materials such as acrylic, polyester, nylon and polyamide, but the occasional micro-modal or lyocell semi-synthetic fabrics however do suffice. I disdain pure woollen and lambs-wool clothing due to the composition of lanolin present, a waxy substance which provokes an aggravation of irritant sensations on my skin (which would conspicuously explicate why many autistics/aspies refrain from wearing woollen fabrics on their body due to aversive hypersensitivity), of which is only seldomly present in cashmere garments (even merinos contain the substance in elevated quantities).

In terms of colours, Black, Dark Navy (acceptable on anything), Dark Blue and Royal Blue (deeper, bolder and richer shades) are my standard preferences, with burgundy, maroon, deep red, deep teal green, purple, dark grey, army green and dark brown as my secondary preferences. Pastel coloured fabrics other than pale blue and beige are not to my liking (I only wear these on socks and underwear), while Bright Yellows, Greens, Pinks and Oranges are a big no-no.

My style is usually quite conventional and does not adhere to contemporary annual fashion trends that are intrinsically driven by corporate subliminal messaging. Smart casual sweaters (usually with no outlandish patterns or designs) and polo shirts are my typical choice (smart-casual attire excluding casual suit blazers) with regular to loose fits, and I staunchly prefer V-necks as opposed to crewnecks both for reasons on personal style and cumulative sensory comfort (crewnecks can sometimes feel constrictive round your neck depending on the sweater's fit and design). I always refrain from wearing turtlenecks and most roll-necks irrespective of the quality, texture and fabric as they feel so profoundly constrictive around the neck, thus I cannot function with any occupation when wearing either of them. When wearing long staple cottons, interlock knits (regardless of being button down or with a quarter zipper) are my preference for polos as opposed to pique knits, and light delicate knits (as opposed to heavier or ribbed knits) for sweaters as I experience greater tactile stimulation and comfort. I would like to wear casual-formal button dress shirts again of which I was obsessed in retrospect several years ago, but have been reluctant to do so due to fitting concerns. Two exemplifications of my favourite standard "uniform styles" are an ELS cotton button down V-neck cardigan with a supima cotton-V-neck long sleeve t-shirt underneath (both in black), as well as a dark navy ELS cotton button down V-neck cardigan and a deep royal blue polo shirt underneath. I also like the vintage-classical designed sweater pattern knits from national-local cultures such as the fisherman style, but these must meet two conditional keywords - 100% cotton and dark navy only.

In the past I would only wear jeans a lot just like any typical teenager, but as of today I now always wear chinos or corduroy trousers (not during summer) of which the colour doesn't matter for the former. I never ever wear tracksuits, hoodies or any casual sports designer clothing of any kind as I unapologetically find them tasteless, cheap and depressing. I don't really care on the quality or craftmanship of socks or underwear as it is a waste of time, but I do try to find a pair of walking slip-on shoes (other than Dr Martens) that is durable, heavy-duty, sturdy and comfortable simultaneously, with the latter being the least imperative as every pair of shoes that I have bought for the past eight years has ruptured apart within a few months.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80