Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 7:59 pm

I hate heavy clothing, which is one of the reasons I replaced every cotton clothing article I owned with superior synthetic (modern polyester, mostly). In general, I go for light-colors, and sizes that conform to me. I prefer cargo pants which the legs zip off, to become shorts whenever I want. I don't really dress with any fashion sense, I just wear more stuff in the winter and less stuff in the summer. Functional stuff, like boonie hats, and gloves that convert into mittens. I wear sandals at all times that I'm not barefoot. Right now, I'm wearing white Champion brand C9 dri-fit T-shirt and boxers, some nylon cargo shorts, and my usual footwear.

QuantumCowboy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:34 pm

Typicaly, I wear black jeans with a button down shirt (often with a western motif). Black cowboy boots, and a black hat. I have a brass belt buckle with a wolf on it.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 9:44 pm

I often have some combination of the following: jeans, shorts, slacks, t-shirt, button up shirt, socks, sandals, shoes. Maybe some more things in the winter.
At home I'm as casual as can be. :)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

18 Aug 2007, 4:48 am

When it's cold: Sweat pants, black skivy and jumper.
When It's warm: Sweat pants and t-shirt.

My clothing is quite basic.

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2007, 6:11 am

As long as it passes the smell test, anything goes. I clash on purpose to look like a hipster doofus. Casual w/ formal, mens w/ womens, pink and orange, whatever.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 2:49 pm

Flismflop wrote:
I hate heavy clothing, which is one of the reasons I replaced every cotton clothing article I owned with superior synthetic (modern polyester, mostly). In general, I go for light-colors, and sizes that conform to me. I prefer cargo pants which the legs zip off, to become shorts whenever I want. I don't really dress with any fashion sense, I just wear more stuff in the winter and less stuff in the summer. Functional stuff, like boonie hats, and gloves that convert into mittens. I wear sandals at all times that I'm not barefoot. Right now, I'm wearing white Champion brand C9 dri-fit T-shirt and boxers, some nylon cargo shorts, and my usual footwear.

Quite similar to me, except that I like stuff that has been dragged through a nettle bush (not literally).

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:58 pm

I usually wear jeans (mostly blue, but I have a few black ones) throughout the entire year; if it's too hot, I'll wear three quarter pants instead. They all sit lower on the hips; I dislike the feeling on my stomach. I wear the same belt (a belt is absolutely required for a few; I wear it with all of them anyway) with all of my outfits, no matter how bad it clashes (it's dark green with metal holes all the way around).

For shirts, I'll wear t-shirts or tank tops in the summer. Said shirts are usually plain; if they have something on it, it's a design, not words. Recently I've started wearing three quarter sleeved, crinkled, collared shirts. They're comfortable and cool enough; I like them. In the winter I usually wear sweaters (it's cold up here). I'm not too picky, but I prefer them to be long. I have a pleather coat for spring and fall, and a heavier winter coat (which is black, goes to mid thigh, and has skull clasps - bought last year during a I-hate-most-of-the-world-can-I-die-now? period. While I have gotten rid of most of my clothing bought from that time, I still like the coat a lot). I like the feel of both.

I have some skirts. I don't wear them too much. I have one dress (which I adore), but I don't wear it too much - hand-washing and whatnot.

For shoes, I have sandals for the summer, boots, and sneakers for the winter. Most of the sandals have fairly high heels (I'm 6' even in them), as do the boots.

I keep the same accessories. A watch, ring from my mother, cross necklace, and a heart necklace with an inscription (which is the newest). I change my earrings; usually I favor longer, dangling ones.

Three years!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 9:19 pm

Cargo shorts in the summer with t-shirts, usually Boston Red Sox, but sometimes Mitch Hedberg, Homestar Runner (Strong Bad, Cheat Commandos, or Trogdor), Dropkick Murphys and other bands (Beastie Boys, The Samples, R.E.M., U2, etc.), some Surf Shop (17th Street, WRV, etc.), or like today "I :heart: Hot Moms!" Always a belt, whether needed or not, which has double holes all the way around. In the fall and winter, I put a long sleeve t-shirt underneath my regular t-shirt and start wearing New England Patriots t-shirts, as well as Miami Hurricanes ones, with the occasional other ones mentioned above. I switch to extra baggy blue jeans, which currently have rips in them. I always wear Vans for shoes, plus white tube socks pushed down, never up high Michael Cooper style. I also always wear a baseball hat and sunglasses. In the summer, an assortment of Red Sox caps, with Patriots and Hurricanes in the fall and winter. I have two necklaces I wear at times. One is longer with a silver peace symbol. The other is tight around the neck and has a surfer dude. My wallet has a mid-size chain and is always in my front right pocket.

Last edited by Trigger11 on 20 Aug 2007, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 1:48 am

I'm pretty basic [and repetitious]:

Glasses (I wear them now that they don't fall off my head)
Usual black/white/gray plain fitting shirts (I don't like loose stuff on my torso -- tactile troubles); exchange for white singlet in summer
Usual below-knee-length denim shorts that are baggy (freedom of movement) + black belt
Sandals
Chain with ID tag (incase I get lost) :)
Wallet and knife

TheTraditionalFrog
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2007, 4:31 pm

In keeping with being The Traditional Frog...

I usually wear button-down collared shirts, slacks and Rockport shoes (Oxford type shoes). When I go on the town or to church I usually wear dress shirt, tie, dress pants, sport-coat or suit. I almost always wear a proper hat whilst outside. In the Summer I wear a Scottish style hat (Ivy League) most of the time. I wear an Australian (Crocodile Dundee) straw hat when doing work in the garden (Mum and Dad' s or great aunt's)or at parks, hiking, etc.

In cooler weather, Spring and Autumn, I wear a Greek fisherman hat or the Scottish Hat. In Winter I wear either my fedora, German Alpine Hat (made in Germany) or my Russian fur hat (actually made in Russia). I wear my fedora to church or out on the town in any season.

I am uncomfortable in jeans, shorts, T-Shirts. I'm not to fond of plimsolls (tennis shoes) either. Sandals, no way!

Like I always said, I was born in the wrong era!

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 2:47 pm

TheTraditionalFrog wrote:
Greek fisherman hat

Being of Cypriot roots, that just reminds me of something I'm so familiar with. Image

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 2:31 pm

Jeans, t-shirts, Polo shirts n combat trousers some tyms i wear short sleeve shirts but dats about it.

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2007, 2:50 pm

Out in public: newish jeans, nice shoes, brand name clothing mostly. Simple though.

At home: decade old shirts, shorts, sandals.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 7:22 am

I usually try my best to be smart and stylish

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2007, 7:34 am

I suppose you could say I dress a little dorky.
Shirts
-colorado shirts, transformers, i prefer heavier t-shirts. i like the feel more. I'll sometimes wear nice button up dress shirts with cotton undershirts but I need to buy more of these.

Pants
-1 pair of jeans, slacks, corduroy pants, occasionaly carpenter pants.

If were gonna get technical... boxers, plain white socks, and I never wear hats. Oh, and for shoes I wear vans.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 8:12 am

Today I am wearing a

Bright yellow Brazil T-Shirt

Black Combats

Where as tomorrow something completly different.