how to handle a family bully. any recourses??

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2023, 12:51 pm

so i've been at odds with 2 family members who i love but their influence with the family that i live with is a concern to me. I'm, in my opinion, the scapegoat and target for criticism, mockery, and manipulation. As i cannot afford my own place, i'm trying to figure out a way to be peaceful but protect myself. I mean, i've literally been threatened to have my lights cut off and (the big one) my possessions taken away. one of these people even raped me as a child so i don't understand why other members deal with him so loosely. I don't want revenge or to have fights, i just want to feel safe. is there a program that I can sign up for to just call in case things get worse??

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2023, 6:50 pm

Do you have an attorney versed in family law? I would be asking him or her for advice, preferably pro bono. Be sure you can provide documentation of any type to prove your case.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2023, 7:24 pm

i'll look into that. got some very valuable info from a trusted family member. turns out the narcissists are disliked by most everyone and i have more support than i thought. but they do tend to enable them. i'll look into your suggestion anyways. thank you

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 12:33 am

There's information about being safe in your home at the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
https://www.thehotline.org/

I'm not sure if this will be helpful for you.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2023, 11:41 pm

thank you for that!!