Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Noam111g
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2023, 12:01 am

Being a nice person is definitely important, but how you do it and what ways and so on are so varied, there could be a million ways of being nice and a million ways of looking at your behavior and whats considered nice or not nice, and so on.

I try to be a nice person myself, but can admit i have sometimes failed for various reasons, but the intentions are good most of the time, even during failures.

How much do you put in effort about this or would you say you are just being yourself? or maybe you are only nice to those who are nice to you first.

thank you

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:14 am

I try to be like a mirror to people. I act nice if i am meeting them for the first time. Afterwards i decide whether they are worth being kind to.

Some people are too absorbed in themselves
to even understand where you are coming from so i stay neutral to them. I don't interact unless i really need to.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2023, 11:20 am

I don't try to be nice. I mean, it's not something I do consciously beyond having decent manners and considering other people's feelings with respect.

When I'm "nice" to someone it's involuntary because they start to matter a lot to me. The rest just comes naturally.

Different people also have different needs. I guess part of being "nice" is having empathy and insight enough to know what they might like or need, and distinguishing them from other people so they feel understood.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 1:04 am

I treat people the way I'd like to be treated. I also listen to people and ask them questions about the things that they're interested in.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 1:08 am

I try to treat the people around me with compassion and respect.