Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 12:33 pm

Come on down to California one of these days!

ainvar
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2007, 12:38 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Come on down to California one of these days!

I was there two weeks ago, actually, in San Jose. =) Ah, San Jose, home of technological industry!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 12:42 pm

You should come on down to Los Angeles one of these days, and you will be a very lucky person if you do!

Yes, the Bob Barker studio is Drew Carey's new worksite!

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:01 am

I obsess over things rather than people... however there is a 'fictional' person I obsess over. :D Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. :P

It takes somewhat a lot from a person's behalf for me to even gain the slightest bit of obsession. Anyways I live for not obsessing when it comes to people. You can never trust one too much imo. And if you have reason to trust them, then say they leave you... the obsession is only going to make you a fool, this is my oppinion on that matter. I try not to be obsessive when it comes to people. I use logic rather than emotion but deep down there is emotion there. I'm not unemotional I'm just more for the logic.

This may be a bit of a suspect way of looking at that sort of thing but I'm just trying to look out for myself. If people find my view here wrong, then debate if you may. I like to hear people's oppinions it's interesting. :) But it ain't my fault these are my views, it's my exe's faults. :P lol

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:22 pm

ainvar wrote:
I dunno...I suppose that I would say that a person obsession was like "being in love" very much, but it distinctly different from "loving someone." If that makes any sense?

That said, I do love most of the objects of my people obsessions, in some fashion or another, and one or two (or three or four) I would say that I'm "in love" with, and that almost all of them I had been in love with at some point. A most problematic thing, it is.

I try hard these days to use reason as my guide in matters of love, and ignore that wonderful little tingle I seem to get for this person or that person, because I cannot always pursue said tingles (for one largish reason or another) and because I need stability...something I can't have when I'm always unsure, when I'm following my emotions that I don't always understand and can't predict.

Every once in awhile I do relish it, focus on someone, let them into may day dreams and night dreams. It keeps my heart going a little longer, and it keeps my mind awake and alert.

One of the things I hope but don't expect to experience in life is, just once, for my brain and my heart to agree on someone and for them to love me too. I'm pretty sure I've never been in love at all. If I have, I'll pass.

I was obsessed with a guy once, though; when I was eleven, and the hormones hit full blast and embarrassingly young. He was four years older than I and lived two houses down. I think the only thing he knew about me was my strangeness.

By a strange quirk, he lives nearby me now. Every now and then I'm tempted to mention to him- ideally in front of some date of his- that I was madly in love with him back then, and (with a twinkle in my eye) that I'm almost over it. I think it would be hillarious.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:50 pm

The good thing with people obsessions, if they are with someone unattainable or with a character in a book or movie, is that they cannot reject you, hurt you, beat you down, crap on you, talk back, cheat, wreck your dreams, argue or any of those other wonderful things that happen in real life relationships.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 8:53 pm

true...
Chuck Panozzo wouldn't reject me if I asked him for an autograph or complemented him on his book which touched my life personally...
I know the line between fan and nut :lol:
(not to say any aspie obsessers are nuts)

ainvar
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2007, 9:13 pm

Jainaday wrote:
I was obsessed with a guy once, though; when I was eleven, and the hormones hit full blast and embarrassingly young. He was four years older than I and lived two houses down. I think the only thing he knew about me was my strangeness.

By a strange quirk, he lives nearby me now. Every now and then I'm tempted to mention to him- ideally in front of some date of his- that I was madly in love with him back then, and (with a twinkle in my eye) that I'm almost over it. I think it would be hillarious.

Hehe...

Something similar happened to me. I was twelve(ish...can't remember exactly) and my parents had a booth at a local indoor flea market. We went every weekend, and there was a girl who worked there who was 16 or 17, and I was head over heels with her. I don't know how strangely I acted around her, but I'm sure it was...strange. She did find out though, because I wrote her a little poem and gave it to her...and she wrote a little note back explaining how things were...

Thinking back, it was kind of cute...at the time, not so much.

I say go for it! Call it art, or a psychological experiment, or sociological experiment, or what have you!

ainvar
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2007, 9:38 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
The good thing with people obsessions, if they are with someone unattainable or with a character in a book or movie, is that they cannot reject you, hurt you, beat you down, crap on you, talk back, cheat, wreck your dreams, argue or any of those other wonderful things that happen in real life relationships.

Insulation has it ups and downs...but when the downs are unmanageable, the insulation is lovely =)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:45 pm

ainvar wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

Insulation has it ups and downs...but when the downs are unmanageable, the insulation is lovely =)

God, how very true :P :)

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 10:19 pm

One of my dearest friends has a longstanding crush on Ishmael from Moby Dick.

I have to admit, he is kinda hot.

Not hot enough to read the book over and over, though.

Well, not for me.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 10:36 pm

Jainaday wrote:
One of my dearest friends has a longstanding crush on Ishmael from Moby Dick.

I have to admit, he is kinda hot.

Not hot enough to read the book over and over, though.

Well, not for me.

The only characters from books I ever got obsessed with are Dracula and Uncle Merry from Susan Cooper's The Dark Is Rising books.

C-FTOA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2007, 2:17 am

I think I am obsessed with my ex.. she moved recently but I can't stop thinking about her.

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 138qc4.jpg

I have had other strange temporary obsessions or "fixations" with certain famous people
such as General George S. Patton

Cheers.

Aerin
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2007, 9:01 pm

I am currently obsessed with bunnies and my best friend. The bunnies are important because I am their sole provider and want to make them the happiest little couple I can. I'm obsessing over my friend because our relationship is getting kind of weird and for some reason, I keep hording little things to give him, like a nail file and a quesadilla holder. I think I might be trying to make him my "sister replacement" since she just abandoned me forever by getting married. I already consider the bunnies the closest thing I'll get to kids.

CulinaryNodus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2016, 2:00 pm

I'm obsessed with my best friend since high school. We weren't really chatting for almost 4 years but started chatting more often (every day so far for 38 days...). We used to date-ish but mainly were just always best friends, and he has a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend, but I'm super obsessed with him and am super worried that he's thinking that I'm super clingy and am trying to be together with him (I'm not). It sucks because I'll text him and such and lately his responses have been getting fewer with more time in between and now I'm kind of getting desperate to get attention from him. It's even worse because he lives about 3 hours away and I got to hang out for 2 days with him about a week ago, which only made my obsession more intense and I'm now super needy for attention.

Bah. He's pretty care-free and love food and weird music and terrible movies. He's really interesting and is very kind and good-natured.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 2:50 pm

I was obsessed with Mick Avory for 6 years. I worshiped The Kinks for 21 years.