After many months I found my phone...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2023, 3:23 am

I literally searched for it specifically for countless hours... but, as usual, as it seems to be a physics law or something, I ended up finding it when... I was trying to remove stuff that was blocking the door from closing, so I could get less light inside my room to sleep better... it was covered in so much... stuff... reminded me of archaeological digs. All this after I had already bought another phone some weeks ago... which I lost too some days ago; executive dysfunction is a blast, eh?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 7:50 am

Oh that happened to me once. It was 2011 and I had just bought a very expensive phone. I enjoyed it for a few weeks and then I lost it.

So I bought the same one again. I repeat, it was very expensive. But then I lost my wallet so I had no access to my debit card and the bank said they would send me a new one in 5 days but it took them 6 weeks and my car broke down and I couldn't get it repaired without debit card so I had to start catching the train to work so I played with my replacement phone every day on the train.

The trouble is, with no debit card I couldn't order a replacement SIM card so I had to play games and watch videos offline.

After six weeks I had my debit card and got a replacement SIM. Later that afternoon I found my old phone. It had been sitting on the coffee table the whole time. I just hadn't seen it.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 8:21 am

Congratulations

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jul 2023, 9:59 am

I'm very forgetful & would probably have this problem if I didn't tend to put things in the same places. My girlfriend has this problem a lot. She doesn't majorly misplace her phone but lots of other things. She puts things in odd places to keep them safe & from getting mixed in with various things. But then Cass forgets where she put them & they cant be found till she does a major search or gives up searching for a long time & they randomly turn up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition