Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 2:35 am

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... -iam-tongi

Good!

Ever since I saw his audition I hoped he would win. I didn’t watch every episode but saw 2-3.

Truly talented. Such an amazing voice for the songs I heard him sing, but Also his presence & energy - makes grown men cry. Can’t do that as a singer if you’re not an absolute star, IMO.

I hope he has a long and prosperous career. And 100% his father is proud of him. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 2:56 am

Another short article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... l-win.html

I haven’t seen the finale or even all of his performances. Just wanted him to win and happy that he did. Seems they got this one right big time this time - there’s a reason his auction video has twice as many views as the previous record holder.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 1:00 am

Watching the 3 hour finale episode now - well, about as much as I watch TV which is kinda paying 1/2 attention to it.

Jelly Roll was just on and sang a couple songs. I recognize him from Facebook shares - he’s kinda internet famous I think. Pretty talented!

Also, Iam made ppl cry a couple more times again. Definitely something about that kid’s voice that’s going to make him a very wealthy man the way he makes ppl feel.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 1:25 am

Annnnd Iam sang “Monsters,” with James Blunt and had probably everyone in that auditorium tearing up.

They showed Jelly Roll’s reaction a few times - lip quivering, and then at the end of the song, he very clearly said “Wow!”

Everyone who’s anyone in this business knows this kid is Gifted, not just talented, and he’s going to have a career in singing & show business.

Whether he writes them himself or some talented writers compose original songs for him to sing, this kid is going to put out some seriously hard hitting emotional tracks 100%. He’s not your typical pop star type voice or energy you’d expect on a tv show like this, but he’s truly talented and is going to do bigger things - especially since he just does what he does so well, so humbly.