What areas of government spending should be cut?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 4:25 pm

I think these are the biggest wastes of US tax dollars
- Salaries for elected politicians (they're all rich anyway, why should we give them more money?)
- Foreign aid, especially the billions we spend each year giving weapons to Israel
- We should also cut some military spending...we spend way too much on it
- Pointless wars (Iraq anyone?)

Feel free to answer the question for your own country if you're not from the USA.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 4:30 pm

Cyanide wrote:
- Salaries for elected politicians (they're all rich anyway, why should we give them more money?)

Indeed. THEY should have to pay for the right
to make corrupt laws in favor of business.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 5:47 pm

Cyanide wrote:
- Foreign aid, especially the billions we spend each year giving weapons to Israel
- We should also cut some military spending...we spend way too much on it
- Pointless wars (Iraq anyone?)

Feel free to answer the question for your own country if you're not from the USA.

War can be profitable as it creates jobs and industries much the same way as Christmas but very different.

Christmas you make products like Chrismas tree, decorations and food. You eat the food and get fat, you dump the tree and decoration in the land fill sight but the process of doing it is good for the economy. But instead of creating useless Chrismas products, you create weapons of mass destruction. One thing that’s great about cruse missiles is find themselves their own landfill sight called the enemy country. After sending over enough bombs to make the enemy country into a landfill sight, that country becomes yours.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 8:28 pm

calandale wrote:

Don't forget, big business, the little guys don't pay well.

Actually, I would cut some military spending, and I might try to axe away everything really other than a few more basic things. That includes social security and related programs, a lot of regulation, simplifying other governmental programs, etc. Then again, I have been feeling very libertarian somewhat recently. Actually, I have been feeling odd, lost and conflicted but most of that is a general feeling rather than political feeling.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 11:15 pm

OK, here's what I'd slash:

1. ALL defence spending - if you have no army, you can't fight, and therefore you don't get involved in war, and therefore you can't be seen as an agressor, and people leave you alone (Bin Laden wouldn't have sicced Al-Quaeda on the US if they hadn't used military force in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places).

2. Politician's salaries and electioneering - we elcet those bastards to do a job for us, so viz we are their employer. If they don't do the job satisfactorily (like Bush, Howard etc) either cut their pay or sack them.

3. Cut funding to organizations that are supporting the lie on man-made global warming and other things. If they can't come up with DEFINITIVE proof on what is going to happen to the earth, and PROPER solutions on what can be done to help alleviate the situation, then bugger them.

4. Foreign aid to countries who should be looking after themselves - Israel, Iraq, etc are basket cases that should have been told to look after themselves at least 30 years ago. Continually propping them up with aid is like giving your next door neighbour money just because he is too lazy to go out and work. Make them get off their arses and help themselves.

There are probably more, but those are the primary ones I can think of. Look after your own back-yard first, make sure your own people are well enough fed and content, and everyone else can do for themselves. Also, take responsibility for your own actions, and don't worry about the actions of others.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 7:20 am

[quote="The_Chosen_One"]OK, here's what I'd slash:

1. ALL defence spending - if you have no army, you can't fight, and therefore you don't get involved in war, and therefore you can't be seen as an agressor, and people leave you alone (Bin Laden wouldn't have sicced Al-Quaeda on the US if they hadn't used military force in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places).

quote]

America are not Muslims though. If they don't have weapons they they would be more easier to convert.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 3:42 pm

calandale wrote:
Cyanide wrote:

Over here we pay the f*****s to make corrupt laws to favour themselves. Come the revolution we'll see them flogged through the streets then hung from the lamp posts...