Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 10:50 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 3:29 am

Even though I had already "opted out" on every web-based gadget in my home, this is still a Good Call!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 1:46 pm

I still have a dumb tv but now I’m suspicious of the sound bar and Roku.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 2:59 pm

This kind of news just causes me to be less and less bothered by no longer being able to watch TV because of the sensory overload the thing causes.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I still have a dumb tv but now I’m suspicious of the sound bar and Roku.

I have Roku device, I entered a contest to win a Roku TV, sound bar & other stuff, I don’t think I will win. I really need a new TV, but need help putting it together, my TV is old, my mom bought it for me around 2010, I don’t really know if my TV is a smart one.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:54 pm

On a table next to me is an Amazon Echo Dot.  I received it last Christmas, and still have not even switched it on.  While it is true that I have no access to government or corporate secrets, I do live in a country where PRC Nationalists own a lot of businesses including banks, schools, universities, and Internet service providers.

Somewhere in Wuhan is an intelligence agent drooling over the collection of RPG materials on my hard drive.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:00 pm

I don't do any of those things. I don't even know how to use Siri. I wouldn't want to either.

The TV is unplugged most of the time and I refuse to have those things where you talk to Google or automate your home.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2023, 12:24 am

Yet another reason why I love the cathode ray tube television that I have in my room.

Still wish the built in DVD player weren't broken, but oh well. I can just get a Playstation 2 and some analog television cords from eBay and hook it up to my TV.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 2:03 am

Well than the algorithm should realize I don't want to see anything right wing themed, so maybe it should do a better job at spying so it would know I never want to see that s**t and not show me those adverts.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 2:10 am

xxSkull_Princessxx wrote:
Yet another reason why I love the cathode ray tube television that I have in my room.

Still wish the built in DVD player weren't broken, but oh well. I can just get a Playstation 2 and some analog television cords from eBay and hook it up to my TV.

Now I wished I had saved that still working Seventies Sony color TV in mom's basement.