Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 9:17 pm

Hey, every little bit helps. :D

I'm on Social Security Disability so this SSI program will not be part of what is paid to me.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2023, 9:24 pm

First, quit posting links to an article that 8
includes hawking of Microsloth products.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: if we want this country to be solvent, it must do the following:

1. Go back on the gold standard.
2. Pass a balanced budget amendment.
3. Eliminate bloat, especially in DoD doting peacetime.
4. Make the Federal income tax a flat tax, eliminate the deductions, and raise the rate to 20%.
5. Implement a national sales tax on everything of 10%.

Is this going to be popular? Hell, no. But, AFAIC, it’s the only way, IMNSO this country will get back to solvency.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:22 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Hey, every little bit helps. :D

I'm on Social Security Disability so this SSI program will not be part of what is paid to me.

What the difference between Social Security Disability & SSI? I will see it to believe it.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:13 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
What the difference between Social Security Disability & SSI? I will see it to believe it.

Here, these pages from Social Security will show how they are different,

:arrow: "SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) OVERVIEW
WHAT IS SSI?
SSI stands for Supplemental Security Income. Social Security administers this program. We pay monthly benefits to people with limited income and resources who are blind, age 65 or older, or have a qualifying disability. Children with disabilities or who are blind may also get SSI.
"
https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-over-ussi.htm

and

:arrow: "Six facts you should know about our SSDI program

SSDI is coverage that workers earn. If you paid enough Social Security taxes through your lifetime earnings, our SSDI provides support by replacing some of your income if you’re disabled and unable to work.

The Social Security Act—the law governing SSDI—has a strict definition of disability. We consider you disabled if you can’t work due to a serious medical condition that has lasted, or is expected to last, at least one year or result in death. We do not offer temporary or partial disability benefits.

Disability can happen to anyone at any age. Serious medical conditions, such as cancer and mental illness, can affect the young and elderly alike. One in four 20-year-olds will become disabled before retirement age. As a result, they may need to rely on Social Security disability benefits for income support.

SSDI payments help disabled workers to meet their basic needs. The average monthly Social Security disability benefit is $1,280, as of April 2021, which allows disabled workers who can no longer work meet their basic needs.
"
https://blog.ssa.gov/helpful-facts-abou ... -benefits/

:arrow: More concisely,
"

The Basics About Disability Benefits

The SSDI program pays benefits to you and certain family members if you are “insured.” This means that you worked long enough – and recently enough - and paid Social Security taxes on your earnings. The SSI program pays benefits to adults and children who meet our requirements for a qualifying disability and have limited income and resources.

While these two programs are different, the medical requirements are the same. If you meet the nonmedical requirements, monthly benefits are paid if you have a medical condition expected to last at least one year or result in death.
"
https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability/