Page 1 of 39 [ 611 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 5:39 pm

This thread is to rave about the good things in life. Go on, get them off your chest!

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Aug 2007, 6:04 pm

weekends with expendible income

haveing my supply of pain medicin

reflecting on the past, the good and bad, as i feel good about much of it.

thats all i have in the short term, ill add more in the future tense

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 6:13 pm

My music
Sunny days
Pretty tops, especially red ones.
Medium (Tv show with Patricia Arquette)

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 7:20 pm

music
being home alone
music
my few close friends
MUSIC

username88
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 7:22 pm

music
anything that I can watch that makes me laugh or is interesting
and of course the few good friends I was able to make on WP!
Thats about it

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2007, 8:10 pm

I love...

Walking in the countryside on a cold winters day, where the sun is shining so bright and the sky so clear but yet its so bitterly cold you can see your breath. I love those days, you feel so alive and nobody is around for miles!

Also when I used to go out to the nightclub, Id love walking home at 2am when it was pitch black and had been snowing.. you could see for miles with the orange streetlights reflecting off the snow. It was so quiet, the quietness was almost roaring in your ears. You could hear trains miles away, their horns carried through the crisp clean air. Every footstep crunching in the snow, and when I got home my nose would tingle as it warmed up.

Going for a drive late at night with no intended destination, the window down with the smell of the night blowing in. Seeing people walking through the streets in the city and imagining where they are going, what are they doing, what would it be like to be them?!

Back when I used to smoke the illegal regals... Listening to music at night in my room, discovering new songs, albums, artists that Id never heard of before. Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Canned Heat, Led Zeppelin... Rewinding back to certain peaks in the song and wondering quite why Id never realised that song was so good! How could it have gone unnoticed before now!

Finally. Sitting looking up at the stars again on a cold night (I guess I have a cold night thing) trying to comprehend how many there must be! A million billion. Thats one way to make your own problems vanish completely.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 9:09 pm

Like many rants, this shall be incoherent:

Mountains are so awesome. . . and I get to live right next to a bunch. Also rain, and trees, and the smell of pine trees in the early winter before it gets too cold to really smell them. . . and the smell of pine trees in the mountains near where I live. . . wow I have to go to the mountains. . .

Hiking Stewart falls under a full moon. . . dancing in the meadow under the full moon. . . Dude, the amazing and unbelievable truth that my (apparently insane) mother decided to pay for me to spend the last two years learning how to dance. . . Ballet class, my incredibly awesome ballet teacher Nichole. . .

Nichole gets her own paragraph. She doesn't care that I'm all shaped wrong and that I was born without some of the most important bits for ballet; she can watch you move and tell you which muscle needs to be contracted which way to change it for the more balletish. . .

Kim, who heads the dance department at my school; who deigns to talk to me about the African roots of hip hop when she sees me in the hallway, who respects my persistence even though she's seen me move. . .

My new apartment; I have the largest bedroom I've ever had, and there's room in the living room for most of my books. . . and my new room mate, who is awesome, loves my books! Someone loves my books!

Blueberry bagels first thing in the morning, with the whole chewy, crusty, delicious thing going on. . .

Blueberries! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And Mangoes, and Oranges!! !! !

Oooh, Blood oranges. :D

The memory of cold summer mornings in my father's greenhouse, tomatoes straight from the vine, dust and fish and climbing over the fence to get in only to find him already happily at work. . . . .

Tolstoy; Tolstoy seems to see what's inside people so well that the writing can't help but express it; somehow, he makes the way a character folds his dressing gown a clear and loud expression of the innermost nature of the soul. . .

Dante. (breathes.)

Dante.

and there's so much more as well. . . . .

maulwurfmann
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Aug 2007, 10:37 pm

dustbowlrefugee wrote:
I love...
Going for a drive late at night with no intended destination, the window down with the smell of the night blowing in. Seeing people walking through the streets in the city and imagining where they are going, what are they doing, what would it be like to be them?!

Hey, I do this a lot. :D

Walking in the rain, or at night, it's all fun...

Apocalyptica, the most awesome use of cellos ever...

My grandmother's home town: the smell of roasting coffee, smell of the woods, sounds of babbling brooks...

My completely wacky dreams

It's all good to me :)

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 9:10 am

maulwurfmann wrote:

My completely wacky dreams...

It's all good to me :)

Same here :D

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 9:12 am

Oops, double post.

ainvar
Raven
Raven

17 Aug 2007, 10:31 am

Cold, cold, COLD winter mornings where you have nothing to do but lay in bed and read, then get up out of bed onto the freezing hardwood floors to get some warm cocoa and walk outside to take a blast of frozen air into your lungs...

Being up in the mountains, in the woods, with a few friends and a warm fire, playing your heart out on your favourite beat up old guitar. People are either singing along on the happy bits, or sitting and listening in the sad bits...

Running down the road in the White Wolf, feeling how each part of the car moves and sounds, seeing what happens when you twist this way, down shift at that time, drop the hammer at another...

Trying to find the optimal route from one end of the city to another as you avoid traffic, other cars, construction, completely focused, playing the perfect mix of ambient techno and progressive rock...

Coming home after a very long day, knowing that you've done good work, opening a bottle of Sweetwater IPA, sitting down and listening to some Bach...

Wandering alone through the woods on a cool Autumn afternoon, watching the light play on the forest floor, listening to the rustle of the dying leaves...filling your nose with the scent of cool wet earth...

Working long and hard on a particular piece of code, alternately getting nowhere and going a long ways, where every breakthrough fills your body with an incredible adrenaline rush that pushes you through your next stumbling block...

These of some of the things that get me through my days...::sigh::

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 12:30 pm

(Gives Drew Carey a standing ovation)

Drew, Drew, Drew!

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 5:04 pm

I discovered the wonders of Sake yesterday. Beautiful stuff, the Japanese certainly know how to make their drinks. :D

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 5:10 pm

Right now I'm remembering my nice good fun happy innocent childhood moments as a bunch of people are joyfully exclaiming over a toddler's ability to know which number is which! They're exclaiming with such excitement and love! I feel a bit left out.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:19 am

My roommate drinks Sake!

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

18 Aug 2007, 11:37 am

maulwurfmann wrote:

I like that, too. Sometimes when I come back from my evening run, I like to run through the sprinklers on purpose right before I go home. :D