Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 8:32 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
^ What would you have liked to do with chemistry/chemical engineering?

I regret not focusing on my French more, but once again, it would’ve served no practical purpose. That’s a recurrent theme when it comes to my education. :lol:

Something with alternative fuel sources or bio-fuels, less-toxic battery solutions, enhanced energy density, things like that.

Who says every decision or investment has to be practical or serve some sort of purpose?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 8:45 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Who says every decision or investment has to be practical or serve some sort of purpose?
That's true although it can pose challenges as far as scrounging a living goes. :lol:

When it comes to chemistry, I am an untarnished, blank slate.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 2:21 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What are your college majors and occupations?

If you could do it again what major and job would you choose?

One of the Social Sciences. I am unemployed/CEO of dad's company,preacher,missionary,and investor.I would of chosen a STEM degree. I would have chosen to be a career politician for the rest of my life if I could of.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 28 May 2023, 6:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 2:58 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
That's the dude. I've done that course.

Was it good?

I enjoyed it. I like his style. I already had most of the course material so I just followed along.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 6:33 pm

If I had known I was autistic, I would have studied engineering or to be an MD. Lawyering is a very difficult profession for autistic people. You have to work at the client’s behest and on the client’s timetable. You need interpersonal skills dealing with clients, other attorneys (both opposing attorneys and those in your own firm), judges etc. and you are constantly masking (in this case, I didn’t realize it). You need to be able to give advice to clients in a concise way that does not sound patronizing. There are very, very few lawyers who are out as autistic, and many of them are activist lawyers for autistic people. Google “attorneys with autism” or “autistic attorneys” and you will see what I mean. It’s easier to confess to having a drug or alcohol problem than to out yourself as autistic. I am not kidding.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 6:42 pm

rse92 wrote:
If I had known I was autistic, I would have studied engineering or to be an MD. Lawyering is a very difficult profession for autistic people. You have to work at the client’s behest and on the client’s timetable. You need interpersonal skills dealing with clients, other attorneys (both opposing attorneys and those in your own firm), judges etc. and you are constantly masking (in this case, I didn’t realize it). You need to be able to give advice to clients in a concise way that does not sound patronizing. There are very, very few lawyers who are out as autistic, and many of them are activist lawyers for autistic people. Google “attorneys with autism” or “autistic attorneys” and you will see what I mean. It’s easier to confess to having a drug or alcohol problem than to out yourself as autistic. I am not kidding.

That said, I don’t regret my decision to become a lawyer, or any of my decisions (and I have made a number of bad ones). I live without regrets because I don’t see a point in dwelling on the past. If I did I could have never climbed out of the hell I was in and rebuilt my life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:10 pm

What are your college majors and occupations?
BSEE, MSEE and Electrical Engineer.
If you could do it again what major and job would you choose?
Same.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2023, 10:35 pm

BA—Music History
MS—Library and Information Science

As I approach my twilight years, sad to say I regret even going to college, since I was never been able to have a successful career in any of these fields. Had I known 50 years ago I was autistic, I would have rather sat at home and watched cartons all day. I never got anything but contempt and derision from my parents, brothers and most of my relatives.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 10:15 am

If I could start over, I would take psychology courses and become a child psychologist. Either that or taken a programme in order to work at a developmental preschool.