Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 11:47 am

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/RWAS/

This is an interactive version of the Right-wing Authoritarianism Scale.

Quote:
Introduction: Following World War II there was a significant amount of interest in what was termed the "authoritarian personality". Psychologists wanted to understand the psychologies of fascist regimes and their followers. This line of research produced the California F-scale (F for fascist) in 1947. The Right-wing Authoritarianism Scale was developed by Bob Altemeyer in 1981 as a revision of the F-scale that improved its statistical properties.

Procedure: The test consists of twenty two opinions and for each you must indicate how much you agree with it. The test should take 3 - 5 minutes to complete.

Participation: This test is provided for educational use only. It should not be used as psychological advice of any kind and comes without any guarantee of accuracy or fitness for any particular purpose. Also, your responses may be recorded and anonymously used for research or otherwise distributed.

I got: Your score for right-wing authoritarianism was 7.39%.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 11:52 am

I got: Your score for right-wing authoritarianism was 9.66%.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 12:12 pm

5.68%

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 12:15 pm

18.18%

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:18 pm

I pretended to be caricature-Hitler-on-steroids answering these questions and only got 95.45% which is exactly 21/22. So, I got one question "totally wrong". One of the questions is likely faulty, but I'm too lazy to find out which one.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 7:51 pm

19.89%

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:17 pm

Mikah wrote:
I pretended to be caricature-Hitler-on-steroids answering these questions and only got 95.45% which is exactly 21/22. So, I got one question "totally wrong". One of the questions is likely faulty, but I'm too lazy to find out which one.

What percentage do you get when you answer the questions truthfully?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:23 pm

9.09%

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 8:24 pm

I scored in the low single-digits, despite the questions seemingly skewed in favor of a 100% Authoritarian result.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2023, 9:15 pm

95%. Sieg heil!

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:31 pm

Quote:
Your score for right-wing authoritarianism was 7.39%. Higher scores indicate more right-wing authoritarianism.

I got the same exact percentage FXE did. lmao

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:44 pm

10.8% Some issues with semantics. This quiz is from the 1940s? Not certain who might be considered "rabble"? BLM, Antifa, but not Oathkeepers or Proud Boys? Who are the authorities? The people trying and convicting 6 January insurrectionists? Or Ron DeSantis who will send you to jail for reading "The Hill We Climb" to your 3rd grade class?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:53 pm

Fairfield wrote:
Quote:
Your score for right-wing authoritarianism was 7.39%. Higher scores indicate more right-wing authoritarianism.

I got the same exact percentage FXE did. lmao

:lol:

The statistics nerd in me wonders if the answers match, or just the final percentage.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 9:55 pm

MaxE wrote:
10.8% Some issues with semantics. This quiz is from the 1940s? Not certain who might be considered "rabble"? BLM, Antifa, but not Oathkeepers or Proud Boys? Who are the authorities? The people trying and convicting 6 January insurrectionists? Or Ron DeSantis who will send you to jail for reading "The Hill We Climb" to your 3rd grade class?

I would anticipate they're intended to be interpreted as broadly as possible. All sorts of groups might be associated with the rabble, including some you find disagreeable.

I wouldn't expect your RDS example to count, only because he's an example of a right-wing authoritarian.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 4:28 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mikah wrote:

What percentage do you get when you answer the questions truthfully?

I didn't bother, the questions irritated me off the bat. It's not much of a test - it's mostly a vague left/right test where the difference between right-wing and authoritarian is not known, understood or tested for. If you aren't dancing in the nudist camp with the other hippies - you must be a flag-waving Nazi. If I didn't know better I might think it was parody.

Many scoring low on this test would score high on a properly designed "tankie left-wing authoritarian" test. The worst of it is that the test was clearly designed to favour and "mark up" opposition to authority, dissent and "free thinking" as virtues of the Goodly Left, things I very much value - the test must be very outdated because the opposite is true today.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 9:03 am

^ Obviously, there is room for nuance since people can slightly agree, moderately disagree, etc., so I'm not really getting your irritation.

I moderately agreed on the freedom of religion question because I'm typically for that unless the religion in question tramples on human rights.

I got a low percentage but I didn't answer every question as an absolute yes or no although many I did.