Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 11:45 pm

Trump Bucks' retailers' websites taken down, days after being exposed for selling bogus currency

Quote:
The companies that appear to have swindled supporters of former President Donald Trump out of tens of thousands of dollars by peddling bogus “Trump Bucks” no longer have active websites just days after their businesses were exposed by NBC News.

The websites where the Colorado-based Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future and USA Patriots companies were selling Official Trump 2024 Gold Cards to Trump Rebate Banking System (TRB) membership cards purportedly issued “by Donald Trump” himself are no longer active.

Similar websites that also promise “real patriots” will get rich if they buy the products remain active, but they have been disabled by the online retailer ClickBank, which connects the purveyors of the products to potential buyers.

“This site is no longer in service or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation” was the message that popped up when an NBC News reporter tried to make a purchase.

Jennifer Beevers, ClickBank’s vice president of client and customer advocacy, said it was the right thing to do.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 3:49 pm

But I thought free market capitalism was best in 'merica!?

I get that they were being deceptive and should be shut down.. but it would still be funny to see even more trump supporters go broke getting scammed by trump himself or trump themed scams - on a collective level, anyways. Individually there are a lot of very sad cases, I'm sure.. senior citizens losing their life savings in some trump scam or another because they don't have the grey matter or media/internet skills to learn that it's a scam.

Even non trump scams are big business. So many seniors immigrants scammed with crypto and/or income tax scams. But still a bit funny when it's trump supporters because trump has literally been in the news for lying & scamming pretty much every day for the last 7 years so people don't really have much of an excuse for not realizing that everything trump related is BS.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2023, 12:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
That's REAAALLY really bad.. like just brutally pathetic that this ad might actually appeal to someone and get them to buy this $60 fugly bear.

It's deliberate. It's a common con trick to make ads (like spam) which are so bad that intelligent people will immediately dismiss them, and thus the con artists won't have those people sending money and then later trying actually intelligent things to get it back or set the authorities on the scammer.

The more that a scam will only filter for the unintelligent and uneducated, the longer it can go on suckering people before someone with actual power and authority is made aware of it.

On top of that, the details of the people who fall for it are themselves rendered more valuable by that process, as they're a better set of marks for future scams by others. Why spend time and money trying to put together a list of a hundred thousand pre-verified suckers when you can just flat-out buy it from another scammer?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 1:10 pm

^Good points.

Marketing to morons does have its own special tactics I suppose.