Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mel95
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2023, 11:40 am

I've never formally been diagnosed with ASD. I saw a psychologist about ten years ago who specializes in adhd and autism. I remember he gave me an iq test. My verbal iq was significantly higher than my non verbal score. I saw him for about ten sessions most of it was how to deal with the negative thoughts that enter my head. Like catastrophizing and black and white thinking. His report concluded that I meet the criteria for adhd pi. Autism never came up during our discussions expect he had me look at a bunch of pictures and explain the emotions on each person. Which I did perfectly. I'm writing this post because sometimes I think I may be autistic. I enjoy solitude, I repeat lines from movies. This started in my early twenties. I have no close friends except for one. Nor do I seek out friendship. This is in complete contrast to when I was a child/teenager. I was very outgoing had many friends. But the older I got into high-school my anxiety started to worsen and I became inhibited and unmotivated. It's like I'm whole different person now pushing 40 to when I was younger. I've never had special interest nor struggled with non-verbal cues. Can anyone relate to this.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 4:18 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 7:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

I cannot answer your question. You were very outgoing as a child but an introvert as an adult in your early 20s. In four brain theory, this might be explained by an accident with a head injury which occurred somewhere around this time period.

Sorry but that is all that comes to mind.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 9:22 pm

Welcome to WP, whether you are Autistic, or not.

WP is for folk who have a polite interest in Neurodiversity, whether they are Neurodiverse, or not.

I hope you have found these online quizes:
<=>- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
<=>- Aspie Quiz Registration is optional!
They might help you calibrate your interest.

P.S. I am Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild) and I was delighted to learn that. It explained so much!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 10:00 pm

welcome to WP...

where ever you go ,there you are

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 8:33 am

I have been thinking about your problems. I think I know something that may provide you some understanding. It is a book by Jill Bolte Taylor called Whole Brain Living.

I think what happened to her when she was around 35 years old is also what happened to you near your 20s. Anyways it may give you great insight.

But I could be wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 4:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)