Hollywood Beach Shooting Sees Several Gunned Down in Florida

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 1:43 am

Newsweek

Quote:
ine people were injured after an altercation ended in gunfire in a popular Florida beach town packed with individuals celebrating the Memorial Day holiday, Hollywood police confirmed.

At least one person of interest has been detained, and police are currently looking for a second individual, Hollywood Police Department spokesperson Deanna Bettineschi told reporters. She said the incident happened following a "dispute between two groups."

The shooting, which injured at least three minors, occurred near the Hollywood Broadwalk near the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, Bettineschi said during the press conference. The area is filled with beachfront shops, restaurants and hotels, and is a hot spot during holidays and the summer season.

The victims were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital and Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, police said. Officials did not immediately share information on victims' conditions, ages or identities.

Jarring footage shared on Twitter by gun reform advocate Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, shows dozens of people fleeing the scene and running for cover. The video, from the city of Hollywood's live feed of Hollywood Beach, captured the chaos after the shooting around 6:40 p.m. local time

Josh Levy, the mayor of the Florida beach town located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, expressed his gratitude for those who helped the victims in a Twitter post on Monday night.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 3:08 pm

“dispute between two groups.”

Could have been any two groups.. but something tells me we’re about to see a lot more headlines involving pro and anti trump groups.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 3:27 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
“dispute between two groups.”

Could have been any two groups.. but something tells me we’re about to see a lot more headlines involving pro and anti trump groups.

This is Florida, so it could be DeSatan.

But, this is Florida. There have probably been fights over a woman that are more heated than this.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!