Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 9:11 pm

WrongPlanet makes all the difference in my life. It's nice that there's a site where I can post my concerns and read the posts of others and learn from my fellow members.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 9:33 pm

KitLily wrote:
And it was pointed out to me a while ago: the reason message boards are nicer is because they have moderators and admins. The moderators keep everyone behaving politely.

The reason Twitter, Facebook etc. are horrible is because there aren't any moderators and admins so people, trolls and bots run riot and get out of control saying what they like.

Facebook Groups have mods, don't they?

I've never used Twitter.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:31 am

Facebook groups...I don't know about mods. I think FB groups are harder to control somehow. Probably because people can post there more quickly and they get out of control.

I found some good friends on Twitter but they didn't really notice when I moved to Mastodon, which is a much nicer place. So were they real friends? No.

albertsamuel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2023, 7:43 am

Quote:
I stumbled upon a random thread here and I had (the same as I get now) an urge to respond to it

Similar with me:)
I've been around just a couple of days, but I already appreciate the forum. It is IMO literally precious and after some editorial work the WP threads would make a really good book.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 8:41 am

Noam111g wrote:
Thanks to wrongplanet I was able to participate in very helpful discussions and receive alot of good advice, hear peoples thoughts and more. Its all thanks to alex plank, the wrongplanet staff team, and the members here, my autism spectrum disorder has improved significantly and live a better life thanks to wrongplanet, so i thought that deserves some appreciation.

Can you also share how much you love wrongplanet and how much you appreciate it?

thanks.

That's a really lovely thing to say.

I also appreciate WP and it's participants for actually being really welcoming to me for all these years. I'm not even lying when I say that I can't believe it sometimes because I get banned from everywhere else.