Tommy Robinson's Banned Documentary "Silenced" is Leaked

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 4:04 am

If that happened to my kid, I probably would pull him out and have him finish online or at a different school.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 4:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
when I lodged a written complaint they claimed the boy involved was a better character than my daughter because she has autism so they were less likely to believe her.

You're sh*****g me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 4:13 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
If that happened to my kid, I probably would pull him out and have him finish online or at a different school.

I did offer to pull my daughter out but she wants to continue. The school is trying to keep the bullies from meeting her but it happens in the playground and when the school bell goes off.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 4:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
when I lodged a written complaint they claimed the boy involved was a better character than my daughter because she has autism so they were less likely to believe her.

You're sh*****g me.

We have also pulled her from birthday parties. One of the girls turned up and the parents had to pull them apart.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 5:02 am

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon -- better known by his alias "Tommy Robinson", is a British far-right, Islamophobic activist, and convicted criminal on multiple counts of violence and fraud as well as other crimes.  His convictions include ones for violence, stalking, financial and immigration frauds, drug possession and public order offenses. He has been committed to prison for contempt of court.  He has served at least four separate terms of imprisonment: in 2005 for assault, in 2012 for using false travel documents to enter the United States, in 2014 for mortgage fraud, and, in May 2018, Robinson was again committed to prison for 13 months for contempt of court.

Ho-hum . . . another dirty one claiming to be a victim of injustice . . . but, you know . . . for all his talk about censorship, cancellation, and silencing, Tommy Robinson's documentary sure is getting a lot of views . . . and free publicity, as well.  Kinda reminds me of this Ampersand cartoon:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 5:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon -- better known by his alias "Tommy Robinson", is a British far-right, Islamophobic activist, and convicted criminal on multiple counts of violence and fraud as well as other crimes.  His convictions include ones for violence, stalking, financial and immigration frauds, drug possession and public order offenses. He has been committed to prison for contempt of court.  He has served at least four separate terms of imprisonment: in 2005 for assault, in 2012 for using false travel documents to enter the United States, in 2014 for mortgage fraud, and, in May 2018, Robinson was again committed to prison for 13 months for contempt of court.

Ho-hum . . . another dirty one claiming to be a victim of injustice . . . but, you know . . . for all his talk about censorship, cancellation, and silencing, Tommy Robinson's documentary sure is getting a lot of views . . . and free publicity, as well.  Kinda reminds me of this Ampersand cartoon:

I don't think he's legally allowed to publish the documentary so that's not really true.

As much as he gets stuff wrong and how loaded his opinions are, I find it strange how provided he's actually properly researched stuff before, he still appears to face restrictions.

I haven't even seen the doc but I was well aware of the fight as it was plastered across the press here at the time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 5:41 am

I watched his "Documentary" on a friend's computer here in the Philippines (he has it on CD) -- nothing but the usual conspiricist's clap-trap and convoluted "logic".  Robinson's efforts seem more guided toward "poisoning the well" of public opinion against the legal authorities trying his case(s) -- an effort that is bound to fail.

Tommy Robinson's case is sorta like that of a photographer back in American who complained about his Free Speech / Free Press rights being violated when publishers refused to put his portfolio into book form, until the authorities learned that many of his photographs featured under-aged children in various states of undress . . .

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 6:49 am

Fnord wrote:
I watched his "Documentary" on a friend's computer here in the Philippines (he has it on CD) -- nothing but the usual conspiricist's clap-trap and convoluted "logic".  Robinson's efforts seem more guided toward "poisoning the well" of public opinion against the legal authorities trying his case(s) -- an effort that is bound to fail.

Tommy Robinson's case is sorta like that of a photographer back in American who complained about his Free Speech / Free Press rights being violated when publishers refused to put his portfolio into book form, until the authorities learned that many of his photographs featured under-aged children in various states of undress . . .

He's a guy with a very chequered history. Most of his stuff is questionable at best but even so, I have a dislike of someone being excluded from publishing unless it's genuine hate filled. With Tommy there seems to be an indefinite blanket ban.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 6:59 am

Nades wrote:
I have a dislike of someone being excluded from publishing unless it's genuine hate filled. With Tommy there seems to be an indefinite blanket ban.
Bearing wrongful prejudice against a person or institution is about as "hate-filled" as one can get without actually uttering threats.  Besides, now that the "documentary" has been "leaked", any argument claiming that Robinson has been silenced has become moot.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 7:59 am

Fnord, you beat me to it. I looked up who "Tommy Robinson" was when I saw this thread yesterday. Additionally, the OP did not look very hard to find out why a judge in the UK ordered that this "documentary" should not be released because I found that out quite easily. From the Wikipedia page on him, we have:

Quote:
On 22 July 2021, Robinson was found to have libelled a 15-year-old refugee at a school in Huddersfield and was ordered to pay £100,000 plus legal costs, although Robinson had filed for bankruptcy in March 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

So, basically, it was because what was said in it about that Syrian teenager was found to be defamatory and therefore false. Imagine how much harassment he would get over things said about him that aren't even true, given that there's already prejudice against muslim immigrants. This was not about censorship. I would encourage people to do their own background checking before just believing stuff.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 10:43 am

Fnord wrote:

Drink! He did it again. Now search Fnord's post history and down a shot every time he complained or moralised about people attacking the messenger when they can't refute the message and drink yourself into a coma.

Jono wrote:
Additionally, the OP did not look very hard to find out why a judge in the UK ordered that this "documentary" should not be released because I found that out quite easily.

Jono the latter half of that documentary is about that very court case and what a sham it was, so I am well aware of it. He even uses the court's own transcripts in the documentary to show what a farce it was. But is that why the documentary was blocked from release? I can't find anything about that, only guesswork so far. I don't believe there is a law that makes criticising the outcome of a court case or presenting evidence that the ruling was wrong "illegal journalism", even on a libel case. It might well be the reason and if so - wrong, but not the ruling itself.

Joseph4
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jul 2023, 5:18 pm

Tommy Robinson is an idiot. His cognitive dissonance has sent him on a voyage of hatred and nationalism when his energies, his ability to garner support and unify people around a cause, should be directed at the revolutionary struggle of the working class whatever their race, sex, colour, sexuality or nationality.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2023, 5:39 pm

Joseph4 wrote:
Tommy Robinson is an idiot.

QFT.