3 teenagers kidnapped swan & her babies

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 6:53 pm

Beloved New York swan babies rescued after mother was eaten by family, police say

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/be ... 70c6f1e1d1

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 6:58 pm

They ate a swan???

How sick are they?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 7:28 pm

Wow, they must have had a death wish. Swans can be brutal.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 8:43 pm

Ohh thoughts of brutal vengeance.
:evil: :skull: :evil:
Found article telling a bit more about the teens,
https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2023/05/ ... e-say.html

Quote:
The three told police they came between midnight and three a.m. on Memorial Day and hopped the fence, said Sgt. Ken Hatter, a spokesperson for the Manlius Police. A black metal fence surrounds the pond on Route 92 (Fayette Street) in the center of the village.
Faye was nesting so they were able to hold her down and she didn’t fight back, Hatter said.

Quote:
The teens, who are friends who live near each other on Syracuse’s North Side and attend high school together, were unaware it was a swan, he said.

“They believed it was just a very large duck,” Hatter said. “They did not know it was a swan.”

They said they thought it was wild and were unaware it belonged to the village, Hatter said.

“They did not have any idea of the significance that the swans had on this community,” he said.

The teens took Faye home and ate her with family and friends on Memorial Day, he said.

The teens were hunting and one had a hunting license. The state Department of Environmental Conservation is investigating to see if more charges will be brought, he said.

They weren’t hunting out of hunger, Hatter said. It wasn’t because the teens had no food at home, he said.

The police have conflicting information on if the teens were going to sell the babies, he said. One teen who worked at a store, Black Friday Bins in Shop City, said he took two baby swans to work then brought two home to raise as pets.

A co-owner of Black Friday Bins said the store didn’t know the babies were stolen swans and that three workers were fired.

And then linked at bottom of that article,

Co-owner of store where 2 Manlius baby swans found says we didn’t know they were swans, 3 workers fired
Published: May. 30, 2023, 10:11 p.m.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2023/05/ ... fired.html

Quote:
The co-owner stated online that he did not know his employees stole the cygnets from the pond and were unaware that they were swans. The store was working with police and the state Department of Environmental Conservation, according to the co-owner’s post.

Eman Hussan, 18, of Syracuse was arrested in connection with the killing of Faye, the mother swan, Manlius police Sgt. Ken Hatter said Tuesday. A 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, both from Syracuse, were also arrested, he said.

It has not been confirmed if those arrested worked for Black Friday Bins.

The owner said online that the store kept the swans because the store feared taking the baby birds to a random pond or body of water. The owner said they attempted to call a sanctuary, but could not reach anyone due to it being Memorial Day weekend.

Facebook commenters accused the store of trying to sell the swans. It is unknown at this time if the store attempted to sell the cygnets.

The owner stated the store had nothing to do with the killing of the mother swan.

The co-owner of Black Friday Bins declined to comment tonight to Syracuse.com.

The cygnets are currently in the care of a biologist, who oversees the health and well-being of the swans for the village.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 8:48 pm

And from, which has some video of the one suspect, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -swan.html

Quote:
Police said the teens 'didn't necessarily show remorse' but probably regret doing what they did. The teens apparently did not know that the swan was considered a mascot of the village.

'They did not have any idea of the significance the swans had on this community.'

The police said Hussan had a hunting license. As of now, police have no knowledge of any prior illegal activity. The suspects were not lacking in food but hunting as an activity, police said.

Quote:
Hussan can be seen smiling at reporters while handcuffed before being placed in the back of a police car

Quote:
The mayor said the biologist will take care of the cygnets for the next four weeks, because they are not ready to live on their own.

Manny will be removed from the pond, the mayor said, as there is a chance he can become combative after losing his mate. The town's biologist will take care of Manny until they find another location for him.

'Since swans mate forever, losing Faye might make Manny become combative so he will be removed from the pond,' he said.

'The four cygnets will grow up and hopefully two will mate and go back to what it used to be.'

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 9:58 pm

Ok so this ties in with another thread started by Mikah
viewtopic.php?t=414183

Muslim men face cultural misunderstandings. No you can't eat swans. No you can't sexually harrass school aged girls. I'm actually being serious. New migrants do need to be taught these things before they arrive and are given permanent residence.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 10:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
New migrants do need to be taught these things before they

Better yet, how about, "New migrants need to have an unbroken documented period of several years consistently showing they have learned and are employing these things before they ..."

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 12:10 am

Reading about the swan & her babies are heartbreaking, makes me want to cry. The article that I found said they arrested the teenagers, the teenagers need very hard spanking. That was so sick. I read the comments on the site, one person said that the aunt cook it, I want to hit & make her bleed, unfortunately she wasn’t arrested.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 2:23 am

Unfortunately in their country of birth there isn't this sentimental attachment to wildlife.

Old testament thinking "let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 4:48 am

Swans are the most anti-social yet social bird I know of. They all hate me with a vengeance and hiss at me while I walk past but they sure as heck want to get as close to me, and others as they can.

It surprises me they managed to do this. Getting up close and personal with a swan can be intimidating. They're huge, hissy and flappy but unfortunately for them, the easiest animal in the world to strangle.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 6:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Old testament thinking "let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Do keep in mind that that was given before the fall in to sin; sinless people having dominion and sinful people having dominion will go in two very different directions.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 10:06 am

I used to love feeding the Swans bread on Southport marine lake. :)

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 1:20 pm

People can and often suck.
There were some wild swans in a local wetland and some jerk shot one of them.
I don’t think they returned.
There’s always an as*hole to ruin things. :x
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/200 ... alo/?print

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 4:17 pm

Guns....If it moves...shoot it!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 5:29 pm

Petition here
https://animalvictory.org/petitions/sig ... a8a1edec4f

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 5:51 pm

Sheesh!

One might think they had defiled something sacred.

Fine them for Destruction of Public Property, and move on.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.