3 teenagers kidnapped swan & her babies

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 9:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sheesh!

One might think they had defiled something sacred.

Fine them for Destruction of Public Property, and move on.

It's a swan Fnord, wildlife, not public property

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 11:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sheesh!  One might think they had defiled something sacred.  Fine them for Destruction of Public Property, and move on.
It's a swan Fnord, wildlife, not public property.
Tell it to PETA.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 11:47 pm

Good thing they didn't try that with the canadian geese, the other day me and my boyfriend were walking in a nature area and there were canadian geese with lots of young ones 20 or more, we had to let them cross before we could continue on the trail because if you get too close to those goslings those geese will attack and there were at least 30 adult geese protecting the goslings. I mean idk could 30 geese kill or at least horribly maim a person...proably but I don't care to test it out.

Still though who wants to eat a swan idk maybe they taste good but I've never had one, but even so at least don't go after a mom with baby swans.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 1:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Still though who wants to eat a swan idk maybe they taste good but I've never had one, but even so at least don't go after a mom with baby swans.

I believe they taste like duck.
One of the reasons that swans are not eaten is probably to do with the fact that swans were sovereign property of the British crown and therefore anyone caught slaughtering a swan fell under the guise of treason or another archaic law from the middle ages which (back then) was punishable by death.

The stigma over killing a swan has obvious carried over in to modern times.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:04 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Quote:
'The four cygnets will grow up and hopefully two will mate and go back to what it used to be.'

Soo... they're hoping the swan baby siblings make incest babies and then expecting them to turn out okay vs. have inbred problems.. :? Weird.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:11 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Good thing they didn't try that with the canadian geese, the other day me and my boyfriend were walking in a nature area and there were canadian geese with lots of young ones 20 or more, we had to let them cross before we could continue on the trail because if you get too close to those goslings those geese will attack and there were at least 30 adult geese protecting the goslings. I mean idk could 30 geese kill or at least horribly maim a person...proably but I don't care to test it out.

They have a reputation for attacking people, especially while protecting babies.. but I can't recall ever hearing anyone ever say they've been attacked. Worst I've ever seen is a goose kinda making a little charge and scaring people off, but never seen or heard of anyone actually getting attacked.

That said, if 30 of them went ape s**t.. they could probably do some real damage. Best to just give them space - we always do and they just run around and cross roads with their babies no problem.

Worst they've done to me is s**t all over a field right beside the ocean in a park in Richmond where I've gone to fly kites.. sucks to get drug through geese s**t, but whatever, better than cow s**t I guess.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 7:24 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Sheesh!  One might think they had defiled something sacred.  Fine them for Destruction of Public Property, and move on.
It's a swan Fnord, wildlife, not public property.
Tell it to PETA.

People that torture and abuse animals usually will do it to a human sooner or later.
https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-a ... n-violence
It should always be taken seriously.
Many school shooters also tormented animals.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 7:48 am

goldfish21 wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Quote:
'The four cygnets will grow up and hopefully two will mate and go back to what it used to be.'

Soo... they're hoping the swan baby siblings make incest babies and then expecting them to turn out okay vs. have inbred problems.. :? Weird.

Some incest is wincest, apparently.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 9:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

They have a reputation for attacking people, especially while protecting babies.. but I can't recall ever hearing anyone ever say they've been attacked. Worst I've ever seen is a goose kinda making a little charge and scaring people off, but never seen or heard of anyone actually getting attacked.

That said, if 30 of them went ape s**t.. they could probably do some real damage. Best to just give them space - we always do and they just run around and cross roads with their babies no problem.

Worst they've done to me is s**t all over a field right beside the ocean in a park in Richmond where I've gone to fly kites.. sucks to get drug through geese s**t, but whatever, better than cow s**t I guess.

I have seen some youtubes of them attacking people, but yeah usually it is just one or two and the person makes it out fine. But yeah the group me and my boyfriend saw in the nature area had 30+ full grown geese protecting 15-20 younglings so had we tried to mess with them it would not have ended well for us, but we know to give them space when they have babies with them. Plus we wouldn't want to harm them anyways but they don't know that.

But yeah in Colorado we have a lot of canadian geese not so sure why I don't remember there being such a big influx of them before like growing up here, but yeah there are tons in colorado now. They like to slowly cross walk-ways to make cars wait. And they generally do not really seem to fear humans that much. I mean they are protected under some migratory bird act so people can't just go out and shoot them. but yeah they do like to hold up traffic in the area,cause no one wants to run them over and it is illegal to do that if you can avoid it like there would be a fine if you plow through and run them over. Seems somehow the geese have figured it out so they know they can cross streets fairly safely as most people will stop to give them right of way.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 3:06 am

^
They dont give you any mind even if you honk your horn at them.

But then...to them "honk" probably just means "hello" because they make the same sound themselves.