Protecting Gorillas by using tanks lol

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

VictoriaGirl24
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2023, 1:07 am

What would the UK say about it if they asked me why I sent 50,000 tanks up the RN2 road through the congo and killed the militias who were killing off the gorillas and I answered back saying that I just showed the militia the other 1% of our DNA?

lol

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 1:22 am

They’d want to know where you got the tanks.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 2:56 am

Where will you be getting crews and spares for your tank fleet? Is the terrain even suitable for armour to operate?

It's probably more efficient to train the gorillas as guerrillas.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VictoriaGirl24
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2023, 7:08 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
They’d want to know where you got the tanks.

Krauss Maffei Wegmann (KMW)
:)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:32 pm

Train chimps to drive tanks. So you can have...chimpanzer divisions!

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2023, 7:02 am

VictoriaGirl24 wrote:
What would the UK say about it if they asked me why I sent 50,000 tanks up the RN2 road through the congo and killed the militias who were killing off the gorillas and I answered back saying that I just showed the militia the other 1% of our DNA?

lol

Based but you don't need tanks for that, you can use cheaper equipment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2023, 1:18 pm

Animal Planet used to have a show called "Whale Wars" about "the Sea Shepherds". A militant offshoot of Greenpeace that would go around in a boat in the Antarctic sea and harrass Japanese whaling boats to save whales. Kinda like seeing Errol Flynn as Robin Hood combined with Errol Flynn in his pirate movies (or Johnny Depp, or whomever your fav movie pirate is)in one role as an idealist rogue on the high seas. The responsible adult part of my brain ....considered them to be borderline terrorists...but the adolescent part of me rooted for them. So it was a fun "reality show" to watch.

But still...they would have done the world a lot more good if they were (a) on dry land, in Africa...and (b)defending either gorillas or elephants from poachers. From what I gathers the whales arent really THAT threatened right now. And the Japanese whale killers play by civilized rules. African poachers and militias dont have any scruples and do have AK-47s. So a vigilante group equivalent to the Sea Shepards on dry land Africa would have to be more than just a bunch of idealistic hippies...they would need to be a paramilitary group with mucho fire power. Maybe not tanks.