Seeing the person behind the grossness-- any tips?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 3:37 pm

Do you have trouble hugging or standing/sitting close to people who don't shower regularly-- especially the people who don't know how gross they are, refuse to believe it, or refuse to do anything about it? And people with food rotting in their mouth, and people with roting teeth, and people who just ate gross food and still have it on their breath? And homeless people that smell like they slept in a sewer or latrine? I even have a hard time talking to them or about them or joking with them or helping or comforting them. People with oily and/or pockmarked skin I don't have that problem with; yeah, I find it a bit gross, but not enough to recoil from it, and I am often oily and pockmarked myself. I'm totally cool with festering wounds as well. Just not with certain substances! Snot I'm also not good with. Someone blowing their nose is fine, someone with snot in their nose or coming out of it isn't. Phlegm? Same thing; if they spit into dirt or into a drain and wash it down I'm fine; if they spit on the pavement and it's raining that's cool, but anything else I have a problem with. Puke? Same thing as with phlegm. Guys pissing in public is okay if they're turned the other way and doing it into the soil.

Who else here has this same problem? Yeah, I'm getting wilder and grosser. :twisted:

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 3:39 pm

Oops... please delete this one!

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 4:48 pm

Don't become a nurse! :lol:

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 4:54 pm

I don't have too much of a problem with gross people, seems how I'm a prime example of one myself. :lol:

xanadu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 5:01 pm

Yeah, well, I admit to having a problem with homeless alcoholics, especially if they sit somewhere near to me in the bus I'm riding :S

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 5:03 pm

IdahoRose, please elaborate! :D

Another thing that turns me off is people who use dry paper to smear s**t over their ass. Or rather, anyone who just uses dry toilet paper. Why don't we have bidets here like in half the world? It's more environmentally friendly, and when used with soap they'd be great! In the meantime I cringe inside when I see someone going into a toilet stall with nothing, no wet soapy paper towel or anything, lol.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 5:15 pm

Ana54 wrote:
IdahoRose, please elaborate! :D

Another thing that turns me off is people who use dry paper to smear sh** over their ass. Or rather, anyone who just uses dry toilet paper. Why don't we have bidets here like in half the world? It's more environmentally friendly, and when used with soap they'd be great! In the meantime I cringe inside when I see someone going into a toilet stall with nothing, no wet soapy paper towel or anything, lol.

I don't care to elaborate, though I must say I agree with you about the toilet paper thing. I mean, it doesn't bother me when other people use dry toilet paper, but I don't like to do it myself. I use baby wipes; they're much better.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 10:53 am

I feel a bit sad when NTs do mankie things. And guess what they get away with it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Aug 2007, 11:11 am

petoulli or whatever that oil is the hippys use. its smells alright, and seems to mask any awful smell

PrupQon

18 Aug 2007, 11:35 am

Ana54 wrote:
tldr
Yeah, I'm getting wilder and grosser. :twisted:

that's probably because you are seeking attention.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 1:13 pm

PrupQon wrote:
Ana54 wrote:
tldr

And I'm proud of it. :)

But I really do have this problem with gross people!

PrupQon

18 Aug 2007, 1:18 pm

Ana54 wrote:
PrupQon wrote:
Ana54 wrote:
tldr

And I'm proud of it. :)

But I really do have this problem with gross people!

some people can't help being fat, they have low metabolisms or genetic dispostion to obeseness.
I agree though, others just need to eat less cheezburgers and do some exercise.