Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 2:06 pm

Tell me some stories about Jekyll-and-hyde people!

At the Y this woman who was in a room next door to us. I remember seeing her for the first time in the bathroom, she went into a stall and I was at a sink... I was in there again taht same day when she came back and went into a stall again and again I was at a sink... she gave me an annoyed look... the third time she gave me an absolutely dirty look... mind you, I was washing the shirt I'd been wearing, because I spilled something on it, and I was wearing just a tank top... she probably thought I had been waiting for her because I was amused that she had to go to the bathroom so much and was waiting for her to come back... and that I had just taken off my shirt and pretended to be washing it so that I'd look like I was doing something... I dunno what she thought. I thought she was pregnant because she was using the bathroom so much, and she was much fatter; she slimmed down since then so I'm wondering if she didn't lose a baby or something... She later (a few days later I'd say) complained often about how we were banging on the walls, and we weren't even banging on the walls! This happened a few times. My mother complained and they brought up a file on the woman, Tracy, and it said that she'd been there for 8 months and someone else had complained about her saying they banged on the walls... she confronted me in the bathroom a few times, once she asked, "Are you looking for a fight with me or something?" The next time she said "What's your problem? A long pausen, then "Grow up!" She got really angry saying that we were banging on the walls, she brought it up a few more times. Once we were both leaving the bathroom, I was getting back to the door and she came over and is rather big, so there wasn't much space... I had to put my hands up because there was no room to hold them in front of me or put them down... we were both just trying to open the door, no harm there... anyway, I must have looked like I was raising my hand to threaten to hit her or to hit her or soemthing, because the said somethign to my mother, "If your daughter hits me..." Another time I was in the shower and dropped a bottle of shampoo on the floor twice and she was in the bathroom too, at a sink, and said "Grow up!" I said, "What, I just dropped a bottle." She said, "Well, you seem to be doing it quite frequently." (She meant making noise.) Another time in the bathroom she confronted me and said "Why do you guys keep banging on the walls!? I'm sick and tired of it!" I said "We're not banging on the walls!" "Don't give me that crap! It's crap!" she said. I said that all I did was bang a bed into the wall a few times by accidnt, only once or twice (and I had said before also that I only did that once or twice and that's all that happened.)

Anyway, not long after that she hung food on our door. Someone else told me that there was a bag of stuff for us hanging on our door. I went and there it was. Tracy opened her door and asked if we got our food. I said yes, someone had hung it on our door. She said that it was here who hung it there... that she put it there for us... that it wasn't much... I said "thanks a lot" several times, rather self-consciously, and went into the room, she was closing her door at the same time. She later told my mother that she had heard her saying that we didn't have a lot of food so she gave us stuff. She gave us an apple, an orange, 2 or 3 packets of teddy grahams, two or three Nutri-Grain style fruit bars, a cup of peanut butter, some buns, and some other stuff; I think. She never complains any more about us! She talked very friendly with my mother a few times, though, before. I was rather self-conscious, we both minded our own business in the bathroom except when she talked about us banging on the walls. Taht woman LIVED in the bathroom... she was in there so often, for so long... doing her hair, her makeup, showering, washing her feet... I think she was lonely and depressed and felt like she was in prison. She would often play the same songs in her room... one that I heard her singing along to went like this... "When you're all alone and the world seems dead..." another line is "When you're all alone and your friend is far away..." I saw her holding another woman's baby once, and talking about another woman on the floor going in for surgery... she talked and was friendly with at least most of the other women on the floor...

What's odd is that me and my mother had several loud arguments but Tracy never complained about that... just the banging that never happened! I think she may be depressed with psychotic tendencies. She doesn't work-- I see her in the Y at all times of the day-- and I never see her downstairs in the Y, just up on the fourth floor where we live, in the bathroom, the hallway and her room.

When she wasn't so nice to me, I remember contemplating hanging her one moment, the next moment I was contemplating offering her some Celexa. :D

Do you know any Jekyll-and-Hyde, or just plain wierd, people?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 5:36 pm

what schitzophrenics :?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 9:47 pm

There's a disorder for it & it's called bipolar disorder.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 10:50 pm

Sometimes people just do weird things in order to try to get attention or friends, it has nothing to do with Schizophrenia, which is not about having two different personalities. The closest it might be is Bipolar I suppose, but that's wildly switching between emotions. I really just think she has no friends.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson