Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

20 Sep 2023, 9:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
A puppy biting a kid isn’t much.
Adult dog mauling child is different.
Have multiple dogs.


I'm not interested in excuses from the owner, it's on-sight.

Kick my puppy and the fight is on :twisted:


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 22,985
Location: Right over your left shoulder

20 Sep 2023, 10:49 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
A puppy biting a kid isn’t much.
Adult dog mauling child is different.
Have multiple dogs.


I'm not interested in excuses from the owner, it's on-sight.

Kick my puppy and the fight is on :twisted:


You're aware that just makes you the second aggressive animal to deal with, right?

Get as angry as you like, but any intervention that isn't getting your violent animal away from me after it just bit me or my loved one is a good way to wind up in the hospital or the obituaries.


_________________
Brought to you by Twigs and Leaves.
Made from 100% authentic twigs and leaves.
Bring nature to your bathroom with Twigs and Leaves.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

20 Sep 2023, 11:35 pm

I’m talking about a puppy, not a half grown dog or bigger.
Kicking a puppy is more likely to get you an animal abuse charge.
Like a puppy bite will wind you up in a hospital.
We’re talking a four month animal.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,596
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

20 Sep 2023, 11:46 pm

Evil is not having any empathy or remorse for destroying other people's lives and the world, just as long as you end up getting what you want.

Most humans are naturally evil. That's why most bad things are seen as fun and cool, while most good things are seen as stupid and boring. It's why trying to teach children right from wrong is so difficult. Or why people find villains more relatable than heroes in fiction. The few humans that aren't like this are treated like garbage and have no real success in this world. :x



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2023, 12:01 am

^sounds spot on to me.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 22,985
Location: Right over your left shoulder

21 Sep 2023, 12:05 am

Misslizard wrote:
I’m talking about a puppy, not a half grown dog or bigger.
Kicking a puppy is more likely to get you an animal abuse charge.
Like a puppy bite will wind you up in a hospital.
We’re talking a four month animal.


I don't care how old the dog is, if it bites someone I care about it's going to be put-down on the spot.


_________________
Brought to you by Twigs and Leaves.
Made from 100% authentic twigs and leaves.
Bring nature to your bathroom with Twigs and Leaves.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2023, 12:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I’m talking about a puppy, not a half grown dog or bigger.
Kicking a puppy is more likely to get you an animal abuse charge.
Like a puppy bite will wind you up in a hospital.
We’re talking a four month animal.


I don't care how old the dog is, if it bites someone I care about it's going to be put-down on the spot.

Like a puppy with baby teeth can seriously bite .
And how will you put it down on the spot? Kick it to death?
Hate dogs much?
What if your cat scratches a toddlers eyes? Should it be put down?


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 22,985
Location: Right over your left shoulder

21 Sep 2023, 12:26 am

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I’m talking about a puppy, not a half grown dog or bigger.
Kicking a puppy is more likely to get you an animal abuse charge.
Like a puppy bite will wind you up in a hospital.
We’re talking a four month animal.


I don't care how old the dog is, if it bites someone I care about it's going to be put-down on the spot.

Like a puppy with baby teeth can seriously bite .
And how will you put it down on the spot? Kick it to death?
Hate dogs much?
What if your cat scratches a toddlers eyes? Should it be put down?


If it's just a puppy I probably wouldn't remain engaged after it's been punted away from the person it attacked, so long as it takes the hint and doesn't try to get closer to them again. That's where the owner better remove the animal from the situation instead of getting heated with me because they'll just be the other aggressive animal I need to respond to.

It's not a matter of hate, it's a matter of aggressive dogs being a threat to human well-being in a way that an aggressive cat can't ever be.

It's also something I'm pretty open about communicating, so if it ever happens you can guarantee the owner has been warned in advance.

As for how, it depends on what's handy. I don't spend all my time planning for this scenario and whatever heavy or sharp object that's available at the moment will probably suffice.


_________________
Brought to you by Twigs and Leaves.
Made from 100% authentic twigs and leaves.
Bring nature to your bathroom with Twigs and Leaves.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2023, 12:32 am

Never seen a puppy maul anyone.I did have a friend that was feeding a large feral Tom and she was attacked by it.It jumped up and not her on the back of the neck.
Her husband shot it and it was sent off for rabies testing


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 22,985
Location: Right over your left shoulder

21 Sep 2023, 12:44 am

Misslizard wrote:
Never seen a puppy maul anyone.I did have a friend that was feeding a large feral Tom and she was attacked by it.It jumped up and not her on the back of the neck.
Her husband shot it and it was sent off for rabies testing


Perfectly reasonable.

If cats were 2 or 3 times as big I'd take a similar stance with them as I do with dogs. For the most part, I don't really care about small dog breeds, except for some of the really aggressive little terriers. We can afford to be a bit more lenient with smaller animals, but I don't think aggression from smaller animals should be left completely unchecked.

As for feral animals, I'm pro destroying feral animals to reduce their impacts on local environments. Cats are brutal to small wildlife and dogs (besides the problems feral dogs directly cause) also can crossbreed with coyotes and wolves, with one of the potential risks being them becoming less wary of humans.

When dogs contaminate either of those gene pools it increases the potential risk to humans from wild canids.


_________________
Brought to you by Twigs and Leaves.
Made from 100% authentic twigs and leaves.
Bring nature to your bathroom with Twigs and Leaves.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 59,685
Location: UK

21 Sep 2023, 11:25 am

Thank you everyone.

By the way does anyone know how to get a bulldogs jaw to unlock if it bites down on you?

I heard it will unlock if you stick a broom handle up its arse but I don't know if that's true or not.


_________________
We have existence


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2023, 1:07 pm

That works.We had one latch onto my dog’s leg and that’s how the bull dog owner got it loose.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 59,685
Location: UK

21 Sep 2023, 1:16 pm

That's good to know.


_________________
We have existence


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,330
Location: Aux Arcs

21 Sep 2023, 1:46 pm

I’m joking , he used it to pry the jaws apart. :D
My dog jumped out of the car into the other dogs yard and there was a scuffle.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 59,685
Location: UK

21 Sep 2023, 2:31 pm

Oh you! :lol:


_________________
We have existence


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,245
Location: Texas

23 Sep 2023, 8:09 am

babybird wrote:
I was talking to my T yesterday and I can't remember properly the conversation but he mentioned something about some people being evil. I said that I don't know what evil means to be honest and then he tried to come up with an explanation but he struggled.

Can anyone come up with a simple explanation of what evil is?

Sin is my definition of evil.