What is the dumbest thing you've heard a person say?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 8:15 pm

I was in the Bank, waiting for my Mom. There was a crazy woman who goes to my clubhouse saying silly things. The Manager was looking out for the Vietnamese girl, after the woman bombarded her with personal questions. The crazy woman looked at the Manager and said, "You've just given me a Nightmare!" In my mind, the only person who can give a person an instant Nightmare is an Attacker. Other than that, I see a Nightmare as being a bad dream that a person has in their Sleep.

Moreover
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2005, 8:54 pm

Year 11 history.

Teacher - "it took the first fleet 9 months of sailing to reach australia" (first fleet was 1788 i think)

dumb student - "why didnt they just turn on their engines?"

stupidest thing ever.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 9:10 pm

The stupidest stuff I've heard comes 99% from internet forums.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2005, 9:45 pm

So Chicken of The Sea is actually Tuna? I thought it was chicken. :lol:

No, I don't want buffalo wings, I don't eat buffalo :lol: .

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 12:36 am

What part of 'no' don't you understand?

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 12:43 am

It was in a Visual Basic programming class in high school, populated almost entirely by students who had no interest in programming and were only attracted by the "basic" in the class name, after about two weeks of the teacher explaining what a programming language is and what they're used for. Some girl raised her hand and asked "But aren't languages spoken?"

:lol:

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 9:17 pm

someone in a poor attempt to be humerous once asked me mockingly during a conversation of international politics (I'm sure I was boring them do death...but hey...perseveration)

"If Iraq attacked Turkey from Behind, would Greece Help?"

I know it's supposed to be sexual inuendo...but god what a stupid nonsensical thing to say!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 10:33 pm

Can I say all the stupid things I've said before? I am known for making statements blatently based on complete ignorance. I now understand the ignorance of this statement...oh God, I wish I never said this...

Quote:
All I want is lots of RAM and a decent ethernet port.

Me and my friends were making plans on building a computer, something I had nearly no knowledge of at the time. Terminology has always been a problem for me. Meh. I've said much stupider things, but I can't think of them right now.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 11:12 pm

When I was 21, my then roomate and I had an entire two story Apartment building to ourselves in a rather lousy neighborhood. I figured that nobody would really mind if I practiced electric guitar there, and with one exception to this, I was right.

There was another building that was across the street from my livingroom that was populated genuinely scary people, who's lives essentially consisted of hanging out on their doorsteps, drinking, taking drugs and fighting with each other, and whoever came by, irregardless of the time of day, as they were usually outside making lots of noise really late at night.

One night, I was practicing my guitar, and one of them put his hand through the window of my front door, and cut himself badly in the process. My roomate told me what had happened, and I went out to see what had happened.

The person who did it responded with, "Look what you made me do to my hand," whereupon he proceeded to curse me out about making too much noise, and thus interfering with the noise that he and his freinds were making.

I gave the scenario some thought, and came to the conclusion that I had not 'made' him do anything. Instead of coming over and asking politely to turn down, (Which was in itself was contradictory, considering the fact that he and his lowlife freinds were generally more of a blight to the neighborhood) he had instead destroyed property that I would have to fix out of my own pocket, and then had the gall to place the blame for it, as well as the injury that he incurred in doing so on me.

He then went away after this exchange, and I proceeded with cleaning up the glass, and boarding up the window, and that was that. I really didn't want to get into a fight with about 10 or twenty people. --It was after this exchange I started seriously thinking about getting a gun for household protection.

Lionize
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2005, 11:16 pm

I think this might happen with other folks, too: "Because I said so."

I know you said so. I heard you the first time. I need a second reason. That's why I asked "Why?" when you asked/told me to do whatever. If I just took it on good faith that what you wanted me to do was helpful or beneficial or something worth my time, I would have done it without asking you.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 3:52 am

Song quote

Quote:
Oh my God, Becky... Look at her butt, it's so huge, it's just, like, out there!...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 4:33 am

The dumbest sentence I've ever heard (by far!) came out of my own mouth. A coworker had returned from a vacation in eastern Europe and was telling us about his visit to the Ukraine. Thinking of Chernobyl, I intended to joke that his genes were glowing. I opened my mouth and said "Did your jeans catch on fire?"

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2005, 4:52 am

Here's one case my "foot-in-mouth" disease came out of remission....

When I was 16, me and these two girls were having a conversation at church. J.W told Y.J. a secret (I forgot what) and after J.W finish telling Y.J. everything, she said "....but you didn't hear it from me." And I said "But where did she hear it from?"

Y.J. remarked, "You sure are smart today."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feather
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2005, 5:26 am

In a work context:

"You can make time"

No. I. Can't. Idiot.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2005, 5:33 am

Feather wrote:
In a work context:

"You can make time"

No. I. Can't. Idiot.

Yeah, let me get my time machine and open up a parallel universe so I can create a time distortion that'll give me more time. :roll:

PaulB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2005, 2:44 pm

My mother was a teacher (she taught High School Freshman (Year 9) Earth Science). For whatever reason the class was talking about life in different parts of the world, and one girl actually asked this question:

"If Japanese people can't speak English, then how can they think?"

(Seeing as how most Aspies think in images instead of words, it seems almost a very strange question to even ask.)