funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 9:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad, what are your thoughts on the Loch Ness monster?

I'm open to all paranormal. The big argument against large cryptids (like monsters and bigfoots) is tht such a large creature would leave a signs, Indeed bigfoot does leave prints in soft mud (literally thousands collected over the past 100 years).

So far any fur attributed to bigfoot has always been tied to other animals, deer and bears primarily.

I wonder how many of the bigfoot foot prints (bigfoot prints?) look like that.

Not all the prints are easily defined
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/cult ... ot-is-real

Just like labelling all UFOs as swamp gas

I'm not suggesting that they're all from bears, just like I wouldn't suggest all UFOs are swamp gas.

I'm just saying a portion of them are bound to be from a large plantigrade mammal we know does exist.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 9:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm just saying a portion of them are bound to be from a large plantigrade mammal we know does exist.

Which is perfectly fine, For a number of years I have advocated using the scientific method to investigate the paranormal. if subsequently these are all debunked then so be it.

It's not the destination but the journey should be fun. Nobody should be afraid to investigate strange phenomena

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 10:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Which is perfectly fine, For a number of years I have advocated using the scientific method to investigate the paranormal. if subsequently these are all debunked then so be it.

It's not the destination but the journey should be fun. Nobody should be afraid to investigate strange phenomena

Agreed. As much as I come from a skeptical position, I'd love see some things be confirmed conclusively. I just don't anticipate it being common.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 12:42 pm

On the Arkansas Bigfoot.
My ex claims he saw one in Ouachita county where he lives ,but I doubt it.He said it rolled across the road like it was on a bicycle and looked right at him.
I suspect drugs were involved.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/202 ... /questions

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 10:11 pm

So far no costume shops have come forward in southern Colarado

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2023, 10:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So far no costume shops have come forward in southern Colarado

That proves it's real then! I'm totally convinced now! :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2023, 3:42 pm

Hypothetically if its a costume as being alleged, then in 2023 it really isn't rocket science to pin-point suppliers via social media. Going with the costume scenario it could also be custom made/home made.

I still posit if this was a prank, the dude in the suit was really too far away to be picked up or observed. And why go to all this trouble to plonk yourself in the most isolated spot and appear just once and then think "ok that's enough"? Of course hearing you are on TV might be enough but really it's hardly worth the gargantuan effort.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2023, 4:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
And why go to all this trouble to plonk yourself in the most isolated spot and appear just once and then think "ok that's enough"? Of course hearing you are on TV might be enough but really it's hardly worth the gargantuan effort.

Because that's how bigfoot sightings work.

If "bigfoot" allows a clear, sharp, several minute long video to be taken, "bigfoot" will be debunked much more quickly than if all that exists is a few seconds of poor quality footage.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2023, 4:51 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
And why go to all this trouble to plonk yourself in the most isolated spot and appear just once and then think "ok that's enough"? Of course hearing you are on TV might be enough but really it's hardly worth the gargantuan effort.

Because that's how bigfoot sightings work.

If "bigfoot" allows a clear, sharp, several minute long video to be taken, "bigfoot" will be debunked much more quickly than if all that exists is a few seconds of poor quality footage.

The hypothetical bigfoot might be wary of humans so chooses to stay close to scrubland/bushland to avoid detection.