Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 9:06 am

I wanted to create this thread because I feel like Nessie isn’t getting enough love or attention on WP. It’s very sad. This news report is from August 31st.

Quote:
“I was just taking pictures with my Canon camera of Scott and our daughter Alisa, who was then five, when about 200 meters from the shore, moving right to left at a steady speed was this creature,” Kelly told the Telegraph. “It was spinning and rolling at times. We never saw a head or neck. After a couple of minutes, it just disappeared and we never saw it again.”

While she couldn’t get an image clearly showing the beast’s length, she estimated that the two parts that were visible were less than 2 meters long combined.

“I don’t know what it was but it was definitely a creature — an animal. At the time I did not want to face public ridicule by making the photographs public,” said Kelly. She added that she’s long believed in the Loch Ness creature’s existence, “but I don’t know what it is. What I saw looked like a serpent. It was definitely a creature and it was moving.”

Kelly also said she witnessed the monster moving at “steady speed” when she photographed the rare moment and shared the snaps with Steve Feltham, who has dedicated over 30 years to searching for Nessie ever since quitting his job and selling his Dorset home in 1991.

Feltham heralded Kelly’s photos as some of the best images he’s ever seen.

“These are the most exciting surface pictures [of Nessie] I have seen. They are exactly the type of pictures I have been wanting to take for three decades. It is rare to see something so clear on the surface,” Feltham told the Telegraph.

“We are lucky the Kellys have decided to go public at last. I have met the Kellys twice and they are absolutely genuine,” he continued. “I persuaded them that these pictures were so important they should make them public. They warrant further investigation. It is not driftwood — it is a moving creature and totally unexplained.”

https://nypost.com/2023/08/31/new-sight ... hotos/amp/

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 9:15 am

Quote:
A report that Nessie – the mysterious and elusive denizen of Loch Ness – could be hiding out in a cave system, has caused much worldwide interest.

An expedition on the loch led by Paige Daley who runs the TikTok Official Loch Ness channel took place recently leading to the dramatic claims.

Mrs Daley said she uncovered an underground cave system which could be a perfect lair for the monster, but wished to keep the location secret for fear of disturbing whatever creature or creatures might be in there.

The caves have multiple entrances, she said, and include flooded underground passages situated adjacent to the loch shore and linked to the loch by just 100m of river.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/new ... ve-325024/

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 10:22 am

Here's a clip of a "distinguished physicist, engineer, and lawyer" who believed in Nessie.

So far, I've got bad photos, anecdotal evidence, links to a tabloid, and argument from authority. What else am I missing?

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 16 Oct 2023, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 10:46 am

I like Nessie better than Bigfoot.He looks like he’d get into the trash cans and possibly the hen house.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:00 am

Yeah, I prefer Nessie, too. I don't think I'd like to be around a 7-foot-tall, smelly ape. My ex was bad enough.

Dorrie in Mario 64 was harmless enough.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:14 am

Bigfoot would also mark his territory , pissing on all the trees in the yard.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:20 am

Misslizard wrote:
Bigfoot would also mark his territory , pissing on all the trees in the yard.

That certainly sounds my ex. Maybe he IS a bigfoot in a human suit. The problem with that theory, however, is that he isn’t very tall…

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:43 am

He was just stunted, the bigger ones took all his feed.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 11:44 am

That explains it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 12:10 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Yeah, I prefer Nessie, too. I don't think I'd like to be around a 7-foot-tall, smelly ape. My ex was bad enough.

Dorrie in Mario 64 was harmless enough.

Dorrie is adorable.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 12:29 pm

We all like to believe in something. If not religion, then why not Nessie? I’m sure that I am one step away from being a Jedi :D
I went with my father to Loch Ness when I was a child to have a look for a day to see if we could spot her. Unfortunately we did not, but it was fun.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 1:29 pm

I camped at Lake Champlain when I was a kid. They supposedly have a lake monster. Sadly, it made no appearance.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 1:52 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
So far, I've got bad photos, anecdotal evidence, links to a tabloid, and argument from authority. What else am I missing?

Appeal to popularity - the idea that if a lot of people believe in something, it must be true or there must be some truth to it.

Probably more people in the UK believe in Nessie, but I can't find recent statistics.

From 2012:
http://www.brin.ac.uk/loch-ness-monster/

Quote:
Although 78% of Britons have heard a great deal or a moderate amount about the Loch Ness Monster over the course of their lives, only 17% believe that it is definitely or probably real, rising to 24% among Scots and 27% of Scottish National Party voters.

This is according to an online poll into myths conducted by Angus Reid Public Opinion (ARPO) between 15 and 29 February 2012 among a sample of 2,011 adults aged 18 and over.

3% of Britons said that Nessie was definitely real, 14% probably real, 41% probably not real, 33% definitely not real, with 8% unsure. Women (18%) were rather more likely than men (15%) to believe in the Monster, but no differences were detected by age cohorts.

Interesting:
Quote:
North American men are more likely to believe that Bigfoot is real than women there, but women in Britain are more likely to think that the Loch Ness Monster is real than their male countrymen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna46644523

I suspect that men in the US are more likely to believe in Bigfoot because men hunt more than women. Some hunters I've known loved the idea of seeing and shooting something unusual.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 3:51 pm

:lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2023, 3:54 pm

Something else that's missing in this thread: extremely unconvincing video footage from the Bullcrap History Channel. I'm rectifying that oversight now (~2 minutes in, but it's all a treat).