Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you ridicule other's beliefs if their different from yours?
No 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Yes 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Only if they conflict with my interests 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No one should ever be ridiculed 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 23

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 10:37 pm

Do you ridicule other's beliefs if their different from yours?

Apart from Raggy, no ;)

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 10:53 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Question: what are your religious beliefs?

I ask that people only answer if they want to, but DON'T harangue and harass people who are different. I'm tired of people calling my beliefs stupid and don't want that for anyone. So please, only make one post: about yourself.

I am a fundamentalist Bible believing Christian, young earth creationist, and a supporter of the Constitution party and NOT the Republican party. I do not separate my religious beliefs from any other, but weave them together attempting to be consistent in all aspects of my life.

I don't have a problem with religion at all personally, religion should be something personal for anyone, something to cherish in their own lives, and if you are very happy with it, that's great. But they shouldn't try to impose their beliefs to others. That's the problem I see, especially about fundamentalist christians that are against gay marriage and are against laws that protect homo/bisexuals from discrimination.

In my opinion they shouldn't be involve in politics and law and stuff like that, they should just limit themselves in their own churches, like other religions do.

And that is actually why you see that we are having problems you feel that some are harassed, it is an interesting issue with delicate matters.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 11:01 pm

greenblue wrote:
I don't have a problem with religion at all personally, religion should be something personal for anyone, something to cherish in their own lives, and if you are very happy with it, that's great. But they shouldn't try to impose their beliefs to others. That's the problem I see, especially about fundamentalist christians that are against gay marriage and are against laws that protect homo/bisexuals from discrimination.

In my opinion they shouldn't be involve in politics and law and stuff like that, they should just limit themselves in their own churches, like other religions do.

And that is actually why you see that we are having problems you feel that some are harassed, it is an interesting issue with delicate matters.

Very well said!

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 11:23 pm

Apatheist

I don't care if a god/gods exist and believe the question is fundamentally pointless.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 11:33 pm

Flagg wrote:
Apatheist

I don't care if a god/gods exist and believe the question is fundamentally pointless.

Interesting way of putting it.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 11:36 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Apatheist

The reasoning is simple - my daily life is unaffected by the existence/non-existence of an omnipotent being/beings.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 11:46 pm

Flagg wrote:
Trigger11 wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Apatheist

The reasoning is simple - my daily life is unaffected by the existence/non-existence of an omnipotent being/beings.

And that simplicity is brilliant and eloquent.