have yall heard of transaustitic people

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

02 Nov 2023, 9:51 pm

I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?



TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,272
Location: Hell

02 Nov 2023, 9:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


_________________
“Tú, que me lees, ¿estás seguro de entender mi lenguaje?” - Jorge Luis Borges


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

02 Nov 2023, 10:31 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


I'll probably bias the testing



TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,272
Location: Hell

02 Nov 2023, 10:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


I'll probably bias the testing

That doesn’t seem very likely to me.


_________________
“Tú, que me lees, ¿estás seguro de entender mi lenguaje?” - Jorge Luis Borges


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

02 Nov 2023, 10:39 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


I'll probably bias the testing

That doesn’t seem very likely to me.


I've self-diagnosed myself back in 2012 and found it easy to understand the intention of the Likert based questions well enough to influence my score.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,803
Location: temperate zone

03 Nov 2023, 3:20 am

It takes all kinds to make a world.

There are transpecies people. Individuals who try to be another animal species. Saw a guy in a video who has leopard spots tattooed all over his body, and has fake whiskers somehow permanently stuck into his face...and he lives in a patch of woods.

There are people who WANT to be physically handicapped (like not be able to walk). To me that seems even sicker than wanting to be an able bodied non human animal.

And of course there are "adult babies". And then there are the Rachel Dolzenes (or whatever her name is) who wanna be another race.

Being transgender has become acceptable in society.

So a" NT wanting to be autistic" seems rather tame compared to any of the above.



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 61,394
Location: UK

03 Nov 2023, 3:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


I'll probably bias the testing


If I got tested today it would come up negative. I've been told this by professionals.


_________________
We have existence


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

03 Nov 2023, 4:43 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I
So a" NT wanting to be autistic" seems rather tame compared to any of the above.


I'm guessing a few people want to be cool like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

03 Nov 2023, 4:44 am

babybird wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I've been on this site 12 years....can I get an honorary label at least?

Why don’t you get tested?


I'll probably bias the testing


If I got tested today it would come up negative. I've been told this by professionals.


Fair enough, if you don't give it away....then don't tell the NT folk



Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2022
Gender: Female
Posts: 862
Location: Gensokyo

03 Nov 2023, 7:04 am

naturalplastic wrote:
It takes all kinds to make a world.

There are transpecies people. Individuals who try to be another animal species. Saw a guy in a video who has leopard spots tattooed all over his body, and has fake whiskers somehow permanently stuck into his face...and he lives in a patch of woods.

There are people who WANT to be physically handicapped (like not be able to walk). To me that seems even sicker than wanting to be an able bodied non human animal.

And of course there are "adult babies". And then there are the Rachel Dolzenes (or whatever her name is) who wanna be another race.

Being transgender has become acceptable in society.

So a" NT wanting to be autistic" seems rather tame compared to any of the above.


I wonder how comparable wanting to be a machine would be to those. I already think somewhat like one. just need my flesh replaced with steel


_________________
My god. jelly donuts are so scary.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 61,394
Location: UK

03 Nov 2023, 8:13 am

Sillylilgoober wrote:
transautistic people are neurotypical people who want to be autistic. theses people fall under the transabled umbrella (i think) which was invented by radqueers (a community/cult) i believe these transautistic people are invalid but what are yall's opinion


It's funny because I'm having a similar conversation on a different forum but on a completely different disorder so it's not only autism where this happens.

I think that some people genuinely relate to some of the symptoms and behaviours and they read about it so much online and just end up convinced that they have it.


_________________
We have existence


rse92
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 14 Oct 2021
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,064
Location: Buffalo, NY

04 Nov 2023, 5:22 pm

Why would anyone want to be autistic?



babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 61,394
Location: UK

04 Nov 2023, 5:26 pm

Beats me how anyone would fake it.

I mean I don't think many of them would get it passed a trained professional anyway so the most they can do is to live out there autistic fantasy online.


_________________
We have existence


DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 898
Location: Australia

04 Nov 2023, 5:39 pm

I’ve heard of Autistic Imposter syndrome, which is when after your diagnosis, you think you tricked your way into a diagnosis. I think this is fairly common, as I keep having those thoughts myself sometimes lately.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

04 Nov 2023, 6:36 pm

Jerry Seinfeld claimed he has Aspergers but there was no proof it was ever true



colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2022
Age: 30
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 1,262
Location: USA

04 Nov 2023, 9:52 pm

DirkGently69 wrote:
I’ve heard of Autistic Imposter syndrome, which is when after your diagnosis, you think you tricked your way into a diagnosis. I think this is fairly common, as I keep having those thoughts myself sometimes lately.

Imposter syndrome has been, in the past, apparent in the form of OCD for me. Obsessive thoughts about being a faker and trickster going around, and the compulsion to constantly prove these thoughts wrong until my life is consumed by the matter every waking moment.

Sucks.


_________________
ASD, most likely have dyscalculia & BPD as well. Also dx'd ADHD-C, but don't think it's accurate.
RAADs: 104 | ASQ: 30 | Aspie Quiz: 116/200 (84% probability of being atypical)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD