I just read an article on the net that made me very enraged.

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 4:49 pm

Get Tome Cruise to inform her that psychiatry isn't a real proffesion.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 6:09 pm

tom wrote:
believe me, I'm looking for it, unfortuantly I can't seem to find it again!

look through your browsers history Tom.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 1:08 am

An article like that would make me angry too, tom. Some people are just stupid.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 4:37 pm

There are many others who share the view, I think. Try googling the term "asperger's doesn't exist".

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2005, 10:00 pm

tom wrote:
There are many others who share the view, I think. Try googling the term "asperger's doesn't exist".

Google results: Did you mean: "Psychiatry doesn't exist"?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 11:04 pm

I pity the deluded woman. Reminiscent of Fundamental Christians almost...

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 1:43 am

tom wrote:
Ok, I just read this article on the net. Don't ask me who wrote it or where it is, because I can't find it again after leaving the PC in anger. But it was written by some woman who is a professor of psychiatry in a New York college.

Basically, she believes that Asperger's (and most HFA) doesn't exist. She believes that we are all just nerds using our self pity to defraud our various governments.
She calls AS a "soft disorder" and says that "Autism has becaome a catch-all barrel for anyone wanting a handout".

I just don't know how to deal with people like this...

Find her and stab her in the stomach. Cut upwards slightly and rip out her rib cage. Then thrust you head in and start eating her heart and lungs while she is still alive! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 6:40 am

What can you do with people like this? Probably not a lot. But I agree - she has a cheek to say that we are defrauding the government. Let her live one of our lives for just one day and then see what she thinks. :twisted:

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 9:18 am

It would be nice to see the actual article.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 11:23 am

Okay, a drunk walks into a bar. Ow says the drunk.

You can relate slightly to this joke. It is probabally microscopically funny, but still funny to everyone.

Next example.

A drunk walks into a bar, then an anvil lands on him, then a grand piano, then a fighter jet, then a carrier, then the f*****g moon.

The exaggeration is too extreme to relate to. You probabally pass it off as nonsense.

A drunk walks into a drunk, then a bar, then his drink, then his shoes, then his keys.

This example is a hell of a lot easier to relate to. Some people reading here may have been so drunk they walk into big obvious bars, and some people may recall that they have been so drunk that they spill their drinks, or trip over their shoes, or even trip over their keys.

If i added ", then trips over an atom" it would be made much more unrelatable and rediculous because few(if any through any possible means) can get a feel for how hard a f****n atom would be to trip over.

What, you may ask, does this have to do with the post?

When you see people saying completely rediculous things, don't get angry because all sane people realize(they dont even have to think about it much) that what that person just said is utterly rediculous. You don't need to tell everyone how wrong so and so is. It is already pretty f*****g obvious. Let this message be the reinforcement you need to be confident that you are infact "right" and that when someone does something stupid, everyone is aware of it, and it is redundant and foolish to make note of it.

Their exaggerated ignorence is so f*****g obvious that it really shouldn't bother you.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 1:34 pm

Pandora wrote:
What can you do with people like this? Probably not a lot. But I agree - she has a cheek to say that we are defrauding the government. Let her live one of our lives for just one day and then see what she thinks. :twisted:

Find her and stab her in the stomach. Cut upwards slightly and rip out her rib cage. Then thrust you head in and start eating her heart and lungs while she is still alive!

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 8:41 pm

Quote:
Find her and stab her in the stomach. Cut upwards slightly and rip out her rib cage. Then thrust you head in and start eating her heart and lungs while she is still alive!

Ew. Couldn't we just have her uni degrees revoked, ban her from research, and hand her a soap box instead?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 8:42 pm

Or better yet, bestow on her a bad case of Aspergers with every comorbid disorder you can think of???

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2005, 9:08 am

I think a lesion on both amygdalas would emulate something like aspergers (particulary the social part) quite nicely.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2005, 11:44 am

Have her drawn and quartered. Or just put her on a guillotine, and let go of the rope.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2005, 4:14 pm

Quote:
I think a lesion on both amygdalas would emulate something like aspergers (particulary the social part) quite nicely.

Ooh, and let's tamper with her Basal Ganglia, too! And her Prefrontal Cortex! And her sensory-mortor cortex!! ! YEE HAAAAAAAA