Women online say they were punched while walking in NYC

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,126
Location: Hell

28 Mar 2024, 1:07 am

Even if autistics are more likely to be Incels, Incels only make up a small fraction of the autistic population. The issue with Incels is a complex, multi-faceted one. It’s not just about problems on an individual level but on a societal one. Too much harmful BS is propagated in TV, movies, locker rooms (from what I’ve heard), and porn. Too much emphasis on sex, too much sexual objectification, too much sexist nonsense, too much entitlement.

At any rate, I care more about the victims than their attackers, apart from wanting them caught. As someone who’s experienced violence, I know that the victims may struggle with the effects of being attacked for years.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,435

28 Mar 2024, 2:42 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
At any rate, I care more about the victims than their attackers, apart from wanting them caught. As someone who’s experienced violence, I know that the victims may struggle with the effects of being attacked for years.


Same...I have a daughter who likes walking for miles alone everywhere. Best way to get these "at risk" incels off the street is early detection and intervention. Otherwise you risk getting what is happening in NYC (and yes before you say it, we don't know the perps).



TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,126
Location: Hell

28 Mar 2024, 5:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
At any rate, I care more about the victims than their attackers, apart from wanting them caught. As someone who’s experienced violence, I know that the victims may struggle with the effects of being attacked for years.

Best way to get these "at risk" incels off the street is early detection and intervention.
That would be extremely difficult to implement. People are free to have whatever ideology they want to and many people aren’t open about their fringe beliefs anyway.



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,160
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

28 Mar 2024, 8:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I hope its not an incel. They already get bad press which makes the rest of us look bad.


Maybe if incels stopped acting as if a woman's only purpose is to be their personal slave, maid, or cook and basically take care of him like a small child without even being allowed to leave the house without him.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,435

28 Mar 2024, 11:28 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I hope its not an incel. They already get bad press which makes the rest of us look bad.


Maybe if incels stopped acting as if a woman's only purpose is to be their personal slave, maid, or cook and basically take care of him like a small child without even being allowed to leave the house without him.


Them forming co-fraternity groups may ostensibly for support but the online sites run by fellow incels are rather toxic echo chambers.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,435

30 Mar 2024, 4:04 am

Now made the front of Australian news
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... ca238b09ac

Caught one man but they think another is at large. No details on why he did it? other than he posed in front of a Trump poster in his bedroom