Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 11:14 pm

Winning colours topic

It is interesting that many Aspies here want to co-ordinate their clothing colours. I did this a little more, years ago, but now it is not a priority to me. I have never had a job that needed fashionable clothing. I either wore medical scrubs, a lab coat or jeans/steel toe boots. Fashion was never an issue for me.

I like my hats, though. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

cerasela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2008, 8:23 pm

sartresue wrote:
Winning colours topic

It is interesting that many Aspies here want to co-ordinate their clothing colours. I did this a little more, years ago, but now it is not a priority to me. I have never had a job that needed fashionable clothing. I either wore medical scrubs, a lab coat or jeans/steel toe boots. Fashion was never an issue for me.

I like my hats, though. :D

Hahahaha...you just reminded me another reason why I love nursing...I get to go to work every day in pj's. :) I have changed three colors of scrubs in the last three years and it was very traumatic, I am not being dramatic, that's what change does to me. I am getting used to the last color I have to wear, it is actually pretty soothing, once I got used to it. I like to see it on my co-workers also.
I am just not getting the color coordination thing. I can see beautiful colors in my mind (I can "see" someone's mood in colors, that's listed as a medical condition but I beg the difference), but the colors that I see on people with my eyes are usually...hurting my mind. I love black on people, it helps me concentrate on the person I am talking to, to their face. I hope I don't sound conceited. I have some problems related to Asperger that is hard to talk about without sounded self-centered. One of them is colors.

So you like hats, sartresue? Is it because you want to cover your face? Or avoid eye contact? My daughter is constantly covering her face with her hair. She likes hats, too. She got much much better at eye contact, thank G-d!

PS For whoever wants to hurt me (in my professional life, for example) using what I posted in confidence here, watch out, I have a good lawyer.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:18 am

my clothes are all black
I am not goth at all!
I mean I have a Genesis t-shirt and it certainly doesn't look Gothic (nor does my Rush t-shirt)
its just most of my pants were bought in bulk
and my t-shirts are special ones (from concerts)
adult high school doesn't have these childish popularity contests like high school does-which I am glad for

Mozart
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2008, 5:39 am

I find that I have specific clothing to wear on particular days of the week. All of my work clothes are the same. So, I only have to worry about clothes for the weekend and holidays. All underwear is the same style and colour. All socks are the same style and white, however, I do colour code each pair so that they do not wear out unevenly.

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 7:14 am

Ticker wrote:
I just need to make friends with some fashionable NT with enough sympathy to help me coordinate I guess. sigh
That's what I did. Kinda had to seeing as I'm colorblind.

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 9:23 am

I have big problems with this, every morning I ask my mother whether what i am wearing looks good enough to wear to school together or not. Often I need to try 2 or 3 different combinations of clothes before I get one that she says is acceptable.

Soso-Lynn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2008, 1:14 am

I am completely hopeless at coordinating clothes so I tend to go the more radical route.

From the ages of 15 to 20, I wore nothing but pink. It didn't matter what shade of pink or style of clothes, I just wore pink.

After that, as an adult and a mother (and a lecture from my ex after I bought him a bunch of pink stuff), I started diversifying but I am still drawn to the brighter colours. I absolutely hate wearing black.

I found a few shops I go to all the time and I just ask the people who work there to help me out. Then I submit any new purchase to my boyfriend. Lately I tend to take things to the extreme in terms of style rather than colour. I do a real good 50s librarian look as well as the sporty just-came-from-the-gym look. I guess I look at it more as costumes than outfits. I'm sure I still look ridiculous half the time, but I enjoy it. One thing I really can't figure out is shoes.

I also have a red jacket and the guy from the store told me to wear gray with it so I got some gray gloves and scarf along with a red and gray hat. The reds don't match but I don't care.

I guess it's a lucky thing that I really have a hard time caring about other people's opinion of me because I am sure they have a lot fun laughing about my clothes...

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2008, 12:39 am

I only where dark colours (black, dark brown , navy blue, dark green), I gave up trying to match years ago. When I find something I like I buy 10 of it, so pretty much my wardrobe looks all the same. Years ago (20 or so) I was into colours (or anything that felt comfortable), I was going out with my parents, to the opera or something (they liked to drag me to that crap) anyway I wore all green, afterall if its all green it should match right. Yeah it looked okay to me but my mother, oh yeah 5 or 6 different shades or green apparently don't go together

CaptainMac
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2008, 1:47 am

My wardrobe is pretty much all the same--collared shirts, most of them Abercrombie & Fitch (with a few Ralph Laurens and others thrown in) and khaki pants or shorts.

I've got polos in pretty much every colour A&F makes them in. In fact, I could show the whole ROY G BIV spectrum in solid A&F polos alone. There are also lots of striped ones in my closet. Basically, I wear light khakis if it's a less vibrant colour and dark khakis if the colour is bright. (For example: I will wear light khakis with indigo but darks with orange).

I go either way with my blue striped button-downs, but I always wear pants and never shorts there.

When I go to church, it's either a white shirt and grey pants, yellow shirt and grey pants, or a blue shirt and khakis. All of my ties will go with any of my shirts, bowties included.

Belts are easy. If it's grey pants, it's a black belt. Otherwise, a brown one. Ditto with shoes and socks unless I wear shorts, which means I wear white socks and white shoes.

I rarely if ever wear jeans. Also, all of my khakis are regular, not the cargo kind.

I only really wear t-shirts and athletic shorts if I'm at the gym or playing basketball. And my shorts have to be the cloth ones, not the mesh ones. I like the A&F shorts.

I have so many khaki pants it's not even funny. If I see my size on sale whenever I'm at the mall, I usually will buy it.