Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,552
Location: Right over your left shoulder

10 Apr 2024, 2:23 am

I'm waiting for ocean, he'll know the correct response. :nerdy:


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,786
Location: Dorset

10 Apr 2024, 9:33 am

Would Judas have betrayed Jesus if Jesus hadn't predicted he would?


_________________
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 2150 character limit.


PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2024
Age: 16
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 890
Location: USA (EST)

10 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm

Any guesses on centaur anatomy? It’s such a peculiar combination of a human and a horse


_________________
AuDHD
Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF2)

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)


ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,685

10 Apr 2024, 2:28 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Would Judas have betrayed Jesus if Jesus hadn't predicted he would?

Let's not forget that the New Testament might have embellished the crucifixion story. There are two rather different and apparently conflicting versions in it telling how Judas died, suggesting a degree of fiction was going on about him. But assuming it to be inerrant, if I'd been Judas I think I'd have abandoned the plan as soon as I knew Jesus was onto me. Judas might have been a rotter, but he had more bottle than I have.

I just put your question to ChatGPT and it crashed. It's now refusing to talk to me at all. I think you've killed it.



DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2021
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,786
Location: Dorset

10 Apr 2024, 2:48 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
But assuming it to be inerrant, if I'd been Judas I think I'd have abandoned the plan as soon as I knew Jesus was onto me. Judas might have been a rotter, but he had more bottle than I have.


I think it's almost like giving Judas permission to betray him. Like Judas doesn't have free will. Jesus knows it's going to happen, it's almost like it already happened, so he may as well do it.


ToughDiamond wrote:
I just put your question to ChatGPT and it crashed. It's now refusing to talk to me at all. I think you've killed it.


This makes me so happy. Everyone should just ask ChatGPT Bible questions until it falls over.


_________________
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 2150 character limit.


ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,685

10 Apr 2024, 4:11 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I think it's almost like giving Judas permission to betray him. Like Judas doesn't have free will. Jesus knows it's going to happen, it's almost like it already happened, so he may as well do it.

Some folks do seem to do things just because it's been predicted that they will. I've never understood why. I'm more likely to stop it happening just to see the look on the predictor's face when it doesn't come to pass.

Quote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
I just put your question to ChatGPT and it crashed. It's now refusing to talk to me at all. I think you've killed it.

This makes me so happy. Everyone should just ask ChatGPT Bible questions until it falls over.

Will my hamster go to heaven? If heaven is so much better than earth, is it a kindness to kill people who are righteous in the Lord's sight? If it was OK for Thomas to demand objective proof of the resurrection, why isn't OK for me to do the same?

But I don't think it would flinch. I asked it a lot of hard questions yesterday and it answered them instantly. The worst it did was to stop after listing 2 tracks of an album with a message that the question violated the terms and conditions. On further questioning it confirmed that I hadn't violated anything, then it said "here is the full list of the tracks," listed the 2 tracks again and told me I'd violated the terms and conditions. After a bit of arguing and going round in circles I gave up and found the answer on Discogs.

I think the website itself has a bug, or it's their very strange way of telling me I've used up my free quota and need to buy into it. Like I'm going to pay good money for a program that's crashed. The owners seem unable to explain the quota rules in plain English. I should have asked it to do that before it stopped working, but nobody told me there was a quota.

So another question for this thread: Why has Chat GPT gone nuts on me today?



utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2024
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 637
Location: Wisconsin

10 Apr 2024, 6:56 pm

PineappleLobster wrote:
Any guesses on centaur anatomy? It’s such a peculiar combination of a human and a horse

It seems like they must have two hearts, one in the human torso and one in the horse torso (horso?)
Octopuses have three hearts, so it's not totally unreasonable.
I'm not sure about stomachs. If they have both a human stomach and a horse stomach, which one digests which food? They probably have to eat both human food and horse food, but without a horse's mouth that would be very difficult. And the human waste would have to travel a long way to be excreted. It would require a lot more pipes than either animal's body is set up for.
There would probably be two sets of lungs too, but with only the human mouth to breathe I can't imagine they could get enough oxygen for their whole body.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD/ADHD age 5. Finally understood that age 17.
Have very strong opinions so sorry if I offend anyone--I still respect your opinion.
He/him (or anything, I don't really care)
Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,085
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

14 Apr 2024, 1:15 pm

I read in one of the Chronicles of Narnia books that centaurs have both a human stomach and a horse's stomach and they have to eat human food and horse food for both. And they eat a LOT. Like several bags of sugar instead of just sugar cubes and stuff. It's like that saying, "eats like a horse". Although I heard real horses don't really eat that much for a big animal.

But what I find really freaky is if there are baby centaurs. A foal can walk and run around not long after it's born, and it has very longs legs that make it look gangly but very cute. A newborn human however, is much smaller and totally helpless, so baby centaurs must be running around with their human baby forms flopping around horribly. 8O

Or maybe the human part of newborn baby centaurs look like 5 year olds instead of babies.

And I just thought of something else. What part of their mother do baby centaurs get their milk from?? 8O 8O

Maybe there just aren't any baby centaurs. They're mythical after all, and I don't think I've ever seen baby centaurs even in cartoons and stuff.



PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2024
Age: 16
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 890
Location: USA (EST)

20 Apr 2024, 11:59 am

Why did Mr. Incredible get in trouble for saving someone’s life?


_________________
AuDHD
Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF2)

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,085
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

20 Apr 2024, 12:45 pm

I don't know I haven't watched the movie. But if a superhero had to smash right through my window to beat up some crook robbing my apartment and then untie me I'd be like, hey (superhero's name), I really appreciate you coming to my rescue, but couldn't you have just used the door? You do know how expensive windows are, right?

:lol:



RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2023
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,709

21 Apr 2024, 8:31 am

I've always wondered why the "Death" card in the Rider Waite Smith tarot deck was drawn with the White Rose of Yorkshire on a black flag held by the Grim Reaper? I know that the House of Yorkshire merged with the House of Lancaster to create the House of Tudor after the War of the Roses, but what does that have to do with the personification of Death? :skull:

Image
Image


_________________
A flower's life is wilting...


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,085
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

09 May 2024, 3:47 pm

Why is it acceptable for a cartoon dog to act like a human by walking upright, wearing clothes, and speaking English, but if he eats chocolate people will flip out because in real life chocolate is toxic to dogs?



utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2024
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 637
Location: Wisconsin

09 May 2024, 8:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Why is it acceptable for a cartoon dog to act like a human by walking upright, wearing clothes, and speaking English, but if he eats chocolate people will flip out because in real life chocolate is toxic to dogs?

Well, I can see how someone might argue that the cartoon promotes feeding dogs chocolate and might cause some people to believe it's okay to feed a dog chocolate.
Mostly, though, I expect it's just people being illogical.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD/ADHD age 5. Finally understood that age 17.
Have very strong opinions so sorry if I offend anyone--I still respect your opinion.
He/him (or anything, I don't really care)
Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,493
Location: temperate zone

09 May 2024, 8:56 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I read in one of the Chronicles of Narnia books that centaurs have both a human stomach and a horse's stomach and they have to eat human food and horse food for both. And they eat a LOT. Like several bags of sugar instead of just sugar cubes and stuff. It's like that saying, "eats like a horse". Although I heard real horses don't really eat that much for a big animal.

But what I find really freaky is if there are baby centaurs. A foal can walk and run around not long after it's born, and it has very longs legs that make it look gangly but very cute. A newborn human however, is much smaller and totally helpless, so baby centaurs must be running around with their human baby forms flopping around horribly. 8O

Or maybe the human part of newborn baby centaurs look like 5 year olds instead of babies.

And I just thought of something else. What part of their mother do baby centaurs get their milk from?? 8O 8O

Maybe there just aren't any baby centaurs. They're mythical after all, and I don't think I've ever seen baby centaurs even in cartoons and stuff.


I dont think that I have ever seen even an adult female centaur depicted in (either classical, or recent) art, nor mentioned in myth. Much less a depiction of a centaur "foal" lactating. So I dont know which way their mammary glands are attached to the body (the human, or the horse way).



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,821
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

10 May 2024, 11:24 am

If you're a hyperemotional person with emotional dysregulation for most of your life that you're almost BPD-like, and suddenly you're alexithymic with a relatively higher degree of emotional regulation -- what do you do if that's the case? How will you approach this change?

If you're a maladaptive daydreamer for most of your life, and caused you to have unwanted addiction that will fuel your daydreaming, and gave you a degree of ADD-like symptoms due to internal distractions. And suddenly, your mind became quieter because your brain is no longer doing automatic fantasies without your say so.
And imagine if your external life situation is safe and simple for most of the time, too, so no reason to 'escape the horrors of reality' -- what do you do if that's the case?

As an autistic biological woman -- Were you constantly interrupted in every hormonal induced internal changes?
How sensitive is your body to these changes? How sensitive is your interoception?
How fast can you adjust in every shift?
And what is your solution if you cannot keep up every week?


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Google cannot answer these for me.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.


lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,085
Location: Lost on Earth, waddya think?

10 May 2024, 11:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I read in one of the Chronicles of Narnia books that centaurs have both a human stomach and a horse's stomach and they have to eat human food and horse food for both. And they eat a LOT. Like several bags of sugar instead of just sugar cubes and stuff. It's like that saying, "eats like a horse". Although I heard real horses don't really eat that much for a big animal.

But what I find really freaky is if there are baby centaurs. A foal can walk and run around not long after it's born, and it has very longs legs that make it look gangly but very cute. A newborn human however, is much smaller and totally helpless, so baby centaurs must be running around with their human baby forms flopping around horribly. 8O

Or maybe the human part of newborn baby centaurs look like 5 year olds instead of babies.

And I just thought of something else. What part of their mother do baby centaurs get their milk from?? 8O 8O

Maybe there just aren't any baby centaurs. They're mythical after all, and I don't think I've ever seen baby centaurs even in cartoons and stuff.


I dont think that I have ever seen even an adult female centaur depicted in (either classical, or recent) art, nor mentioned in myth. Much less a depiction of a centaur "foal" lactating. So I dont know which way their mammary glands are attached to the body (the human, or the horse way).


There were female centaurs in Disney's Fantasia. And they had flowers and leaves covering their human lady parts.
There was also a female centaur in the movie who was a racially offensive black stereotype, but she was censored out of the film years ago. I watched the movie and had no idea about this until I saw a video of it not long ago and it ranked up there with WB's Censored Eleven.