Woman who killed 650 dogs and cats gets 1 year

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

blacktext
Raven
Raven

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Aug 2007, 6:10 am

Quote:
McLaughlin is bipolar and suffers from Asperger's syndrome

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 6:17 am

I may be bipolar and Aspie, and I take good care of animals.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 6:31 am

Should have got 10 years at least, plus those searches.

On sabbatical...

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 7:47 am

looks a lot like Don Imus... long lost twins?

Image Image

Last edited by jrknothead on 25 Aug 2007, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 7:49 am

She should've gotten 1 year...of being viciously raped by a water buffalo.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 7:56 am

Remnant wrote:

Agreed. I love animals (in fact, sometimes I relate better to them than I do to people).

25 Aug 2007, 9:23 am

She's ugly.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 10:36 am

likedcalico wrote:
She's ugly.

who made you the arbitrator of beauty?

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 11:10 am

The things that she did, had they been done under the aegis of the local humane society, would have been quite difficult to prosecute. There is no restriction on how many animals a local humane society can kill, or the excuses that they can use. They can have like a fire sale and get rid of the whole kit of them if one shows up with kennel cough, if that's what they want to do.

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 11:46 am

I think she's cracked, that's all, everyone's giving her animals and she doesn't know what to do with them all, also others are saying that maybe she set some animals free and she didn't do what she said she did.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 1:14 pm

Yeah, some people testified for her and countered her confession. If she was stealing pets and killing them (or selling them) then she'd be guilty of theft, not cruelty. But if people were handing these animals over for her to care for (hundreds!) then she shouldn't be judged so harshly.
She deserves animal rape?! give me a break
My mom cleaned apartments and people were always leaving their pets behind, turning them wild. The managers would ask her to take them. Now she and my brother live in the country and there still are abandoned cats that they take in and care for.
This wouldn't be such a problem if people neutered and spayed their pets (that they claim to love so much). Also, don't get a pet unless you're ready to care for it.

the people testifying against her sound like morons. Handing over that many cats to a woman at her house? Talk about naive.

Reminds me of a neighbor who had moved from the city. He got these ducks and didn't know the least thing on how to take care of them. They constantly came to our yard and crapped all over and quacked under our windows. Finally the guy gave them to my dad (who said he knew a farmer who would take them). Unbeknownst to the neighbor, my dad released the ducks at the creek.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

25 Aug 2007, 1:42 pm

KimJ wrote:
Yeah, some people testified for her and countered her confession. If she was stealing pets and killing them (or selling them) then she'd be guilty of theft, not cruelty. But if people were handing these animals over for her to care for (hundreds!) then she shouldn't be judged so harshly.
She deserves animal rape?! give me a break
My mom cleaned apartments and people were always leaving their pets behind, turning them wild. The managers would ask her to take them. Now she and my brother live in the country and there still are abandoned cats that they take in and care for.
This wouldn't be such a problem if people neutered and spayed their pets (that they claim to love so much). Also, don't get a pet unless you're ready to care for it.

the people testifying against her sound like morons. Handing over that many cats to a woman at her house? Talk about naive.

Reminds me of a neighbor who had moved from the city. He got these ducks and didn't know the least thing on how to take care of them. They constantly came to our yard and crapped all over and quacked under our windows. Finally the guy gave them to my dad (who said he knew a farmer who would take them). Unbeknownst to the neighbor, my dad released the ducks at the creek.

Yeah I agree there is more to this story we are not hearing.

Oh sorry I found the "quacked under our windows" statement hilarious. :lol:

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 2:47 pm

Remnant wrote:

Looks like she did take care of them.

She obviously took the idiomatic meaning of "take care" rather than the literal one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkojYN2O-E