Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Dax_Shokawa
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2007, 7:19 am

Me as a director!

Dear All,

As I stated in my post "I'm an Aspie and DAMN proud of it!", my second passion (obsessive interest) is in film. It has been my dream to direct a film of my own and in June this year I achieved that dream.

My film is a Star Wars fanfilm called "Star Wars Battle Royale" or SWBR as it's now affectionately known! I'm funding this film personally (And it's not as expensive as I thought it would be). The one thing I hope to achieve is that SWBR will inspire my fellow Aspies that they too can be achievers and reach the stars!

In the course of planning, casting, rehearsing and filming SWBR, I started thinking that film-making can be applied as a form of therapy for people with ASD. Furthermore, I've decided to study to become a therapist so I can help fellow Aspies make films as a way to help themselves. The things that film-making has helped me with the most has been:

- Communication skills (Dealing with actors and crew)

- Organisation skills (Handling casting, props and wardrobe, rehearsals, schedules)

- Confidence (Believe me, it's a magical feeling when you see words you've written on a page come to life on the screen!)

Please find attached a series of photos taken from the first day of filming SWBR. I hope to release this film in 2008 and I want to hold a special premiere for the Aspie community.

Behind the scenes pic 1

Behind the scenes pic 2